You Shine Like the Sun (RengokuxSad!Reader)

Start from the beginning

Am i really that ugly?

Was it a bad idea to join the Demon Slayer Corps?

Am i not pretty enough?

Would i look better if i didnt have scars?

Does Rengoku think i look like a monster? 

Right when you said that you came back to reality and you realized you were crying. At this point you didnt care. You cried your heart out,letting your emotions get the best of you.

The thought of Rengoku thinking you look hideous hurt your heart. It hurt so bad to the point where you had to hold the area where your heart is. It made you think he didnt deserve someone as ugly as you. (By the way..youre pretty ❤)

Rengoku came home shortly after,but he wondered where you were since the whole estate was silent.

"Sunshine,Im home..Where are you?" He said,looking around the house for you.

He finally came around the room you were in. He heard muffled cries coming from that room,and he knew it was you. Not by your crying (mostly not), but by your voice.

"M-My dear..whats wrong?.." He asked as he opened the door and came closer to you.

"Kyojuro..come here..please.."

He did as you said and he came closer to you. He even sat down next to you and he patted your back,trying to comfort you.

"K-Kyojuro..do you think im ugly?..Are my scars..monstrous?.."

Rengoku was taken aback by such a question,especially since you asked it. He knew you were proud of your scars because they show that even though you've gotten hurt,you still made it out alive, which is the only thing that matters most to you. Your scars made you confident of your looks,but now,all of a sudden,you ask if they are ugly? Something happened. .But he decides its best to comfort you before taking action on the cause of your sorrow.

"You know what? No,I dont think they are ugly. I actually think your scars are the most beautiful things that separate you from everyone else.  Every time i look at you your scars stand out,and i stare at them because of how gorgeous they are. Your scars define you as a strong fighter, and if others call them ugly, you just have to show them how hard you worked to earn those scars. My darling, please dont ever think for a second that your scars make you look like a monster,because your scars make you look like (Y/N), and I know (Y/N) would bring herself up,rather then bring herself down,because of her scars. Your scars make you shine,shine just like the sun,maybe even brighter..i know. I love you for you,(Y/N),so please dont ever say that."

His words brought you to tears. You never expected something so heartfelt just because a random called your scars ugly. Every single word that fell out of his mouth was laced will love and truth,you could tell. You looked at him, full of surprise,with your tears still in motion, as they fall from your eyes,slowly coming to a halt as they moved slower.

"K-Kyojuro...you..you really think that of my scars..they're..not ugly to you?"

He grabbed your shoulders and turned you to face him whilst smiling.

"(Y/N),honey,did you hear a thing i said? I said your scars are gorgeous,and nothing can ever change the way i see you,scars or not." He smiled whole-heartedly as he said that.

You immediately embraced him and buried your head in his shoulder. You two were meant to be, at this moment you knew you two were destined to be together.

He rubbed your back as you hugged him silently.

"Thank you,Kyo.."

"Dont thank me,sweetheart. Im supposed to make sure you are as happy as ever."

He then kissed your forehead and smiled brightly at you.

"So Sunshine..what happened? Why did you ask me if your scars were ugly?"

"Um..So basically I was trying to order something at a food stand in a nearby village..but it turns out the value beauty heavily..and the seller called me ugly because of my scars,so they refused to sell to me..thats all."

"That...Thats unforgivable. How dare they say such a thing to my dear? When i see them,ill make sure they burn at my hand..but for now..ill treat you instead,Sunshine. What did you order over there?"

"I ordered..(F/F)."

"Then lets go find a place who will ACTUALLY sell to you,unlike a certain stand.."

He stood up and held his hand out for you,gesturing for you to take it. 

You looked at his hand,and then back at him as you smiled and took his hand. You stood up and you both left your shared estate so Rengoku could get you (F/F)..and of course anything else if you wanted it.

So Stranger..did you enjoy it? Im sure you did..i liked it too..but lets go read another.

Come back soon~...<3

Word Count: 1220

Word Count: 1220