十八 The Future I Wish For

"May your passing bring you peace."

An older woman states, her voice frail as she bowed to the picture decorated with candles and flowers around it.

"さようなら、聖樹。"

Chapters:
18 - 20
The Future I Wish For

• • • X Years Before (Past)
Satoki Y/n - First Person

"Y/n, what is it you wish to be when you grow up?" My councillor asks causing me to look up at her older face and soft expression. Back and forth questioning... my goals, my desires, anything she can try to find out about me. "I want to help people." My voice quiet and sweet. It gave her the answer she wanted at the very least as she crosses out something in her notebook.

"How do you wish to help them?" She pushes, wanting more details. Her pleased expression made me feel gross, disgusted maybe. Fortunately, they allowed me to wear bandages over my eyes, my ability won't turn on if that's the case. I remain quiet before saying a few words. "I don't want to be a doctor nor do I want to be in direct fire. Maybe a writer like my cousin!" I say excitedly. She, of course, didn't understand how that works with.. helping people.

"Y/n, sweetie, can you explain on how you'll help people by being a writer?" My small but sweet smile fades. My thoughts trying to figure out how it could help someone.

"Maybe a manual on how to find happiness! I heard in buddhism they believe once they achieve complete happiness they'll excape the samsara they're in!" It was clear I was excited for this small revelation where I could find a way to help people find happiness.

However, how naive was I to think such a thing?