Chapter 40: The charm of animation

Start from the beginning

After the drones were introduced, Yang Yi became increasingly open. However, he still didn't allow anyone to see actual humans from Earth.

Although the movies being played were animated, the projection technology itself amazed everyone. For primitive people, seeing something move and talk was nothing short of a miracle.Once the initial awe subsided, everyone focused on the content of the movies. This group of people, starved for entertainment, quickly became engrossed.

Magical! Entertaining! Fantastic!

These were the sentiments of everyone present.

The movies Yang Yi selected were lively and engaging. Although they couldn't understand the language, it didn't prevent them from enjoying it.

The training grounds were packed, with everyone who wasn't on duty at their workplaces gathered to watch. Regardless of whether they understood or not, they couldn't take their eyes off the screen.

"If only we could understand the words on the screen."

This was the common sentiment among most viewers.

Even though they could roughly guess what was happening from the images and sound effects, not being able to comprehend it was frustrating.

Those who could read were surrounded by a crowd, listening to their translations and explanations, which made the experience much more interesting than just watching.

Listening to others translate with such enthusiasm, wouldn't it be even more enjoyable if they understood it themselves?

To understand, one needed to be literate.

After dinner every day, as long as it wasn't raining, they would play animations for about two hours after nightfall. The content was regularly updated and becoming more story-driven, enticingly alluring.

This group of primitive people was fervently obsessed with animations, igniting a learning frenzy. Even the survivors became active and approached the literate members to seek guidance.

Although the library had triggered a wave of excitement and attracted some people to study, it couldn't compare to the allure of this dynamic form.

The enthusiasm for learning was once again ignited, and the daily task of learning at least ten characters became less monotonous.

These ten characters were selected from phrases in the animations, making it easier for everyone to remember through practical application.

In the most prominent spot at the center of the tribe, there was also a display of screenshots from the animation segments. Combining these images with the content of the animations made it even easier to remember.

This task was handled by Bing, who Yang Yi had noticed during previous classes had a talent for drawing. Despite having received no formal training, she was able to create a portrait of him using just a pencil and white paper.

The style belongs to the realistic school, exactly the same as Yang Yi himself, and that kind of charm is captured very accurately.

Originally, Bing had secretly completed it, because both the paper and ink were limited, and everyone cherished them greatly. It was accidentally discovered, and only then did it come to light. Such a talent, of course, Yang Yi couldn't let it go to waste. 

Although it's not useful in other areas for the time being, he placed her by his side. In addition to designing black pottery, she also assisted in completing the city's structural drawings and maps. He even provided her with brushes and pigments, allowing her to freely showcase her artistic talent.