Ch. 2 - A New Home

Ingressus looked up to the sky to see the sun was setting. It's evening already? He didn't even notice how much time had passed.

He was still fishing at the small lake with Achillean when he noticed the sunset. The Nestoris had him practicing casting his rod for the time being.

He stared at the setting sun in the distance, watching the yellow glow, not too different from the color his markings now were, or Achillean's next to him. Ingressus watched the yellow fade into orange, then to red, and eventually a pale blue.

Ingressus gazed at the red and yellow blend, unconsciously tracking the markings over his torso, thinking of his father, Dominus Voltaris, who sacrificed his life to save his sons.

He sighed and looked next to him when he heard Achillean speak up, "Songs, is it that late already?" He muttered to himself, sighing and turning to Ingressus, "We should probably head back..." Ingressus nodded, handing his fishing pole to him.

Achillean pushed it back to him, "Keep it. Even if you're not staying for a while, you will still probably need it."

"Uh-... okay then..." Ingressus responded slowly, tucking the rod into an empty space in his inventory. He gazed at the sunset one more time before turning and followed Achillean.

They walked through the village, and Ingressus's eyes were darting around. He was a Voltaris in a Nestoris village, he was terrified.

Achillean turned to him, "Do you know where you're staying?" He paused, realizing how awkward the question seemed, "Well... for now..." Ingressus shook his head, he knew nothing about where he was. The Nestoris sighed, "You should probably go talk to Master Aegus..."

Ingressus nodded, "Uhm... where is he..."

Achillean pointed to a den a ways away, "He lives over there," He thought about it for a moment, "Come on, I'll show you." Ingressus hesitated for a moment, before deciding to cautiously follow the Nestoris, and kept an eye on any other person who came near to him.

By the time they had reached Master Aegus's den, Ingressus had curled his hand into fists, and his head was whipping from side to side in fear.

Achillean gestured to let him know he could enter. Ingressus squeezed his hands tighter to try and hide the fact that they were shaking.

The Nestoris Master... Master Aegus Nestoris according to Achillean.

Ingressus took a deep, shaky breath to calm himself.

Master Aegus looked up from the chest he had just shut when he heard Ingressus enter, "Hello..." He stared at the Voltaris, as if he was trying to figure Ingressus out.

The Voltaris didn't respond, not wanting to say anything out of fear would get him killed.

The Nestoris Master spoke to Achillean behind him, as he could see Ingressus wasn't going to say anything, "Achillean, why have you two come here?"

The younger Nestoris stepped forward, "Well... uhmm. Ingressus does not have a place to sleep... for now."

Like Nether I'm going to sleep here.

Master Aegus nodded, "Ingressus. Is that your name child?" The Voltaris narrowed his eyes, not trusting the Master of an enemy clan.

Aegus nodded once more and observed the village outside the wide, stone, leafy doorway. "Yes. Well... there are a few unused rooms nearby. You can stay there for the time being until we are able to figure out a more permanent situation."

Ingressus glared at him. As if he was going to stay in this wretched place for long.

Aegus Nestoris sighed at the Voltaris' expression, "I understand your hatred and mistrust, child. I understand you want to return to your people, but it is not safe."