Chapter 6- Keefe

The morning after Foster came home I went back to the Shores of Solace early the next morning. And it was the first time I'd ever walked into that house with a smile on my face in a very long time.

"You're late. Again," My dad remarked.

"Oh, really? Wow, good job," I answered, rolling my eyes.

"I'm not in the mood, Kid. If you're going to be out all night I need to know where you are."

I didn't want to tell him about the safe house since it was only for very trusted members, so not him. So I lied instead. "Nowhere, just the Vackers."

"Mhm, sure. Go shower, you smell."

"Aww thanks, dad." I said before walking straight into my room where I found Ro sitting on my bed.

"You know, two night in a row is a little too rebellious for my liking. If you're going to make me stay here please do me the courtesy of coming home." Said Ro.

"Yeah, sorry. I'll come back tonight." I said, still with a slight smile on my face. Even my dad couldn't wipe that smile off my face.

Of course Ro knew about Foster and I, it would've been impossible to hide it from her. Mostly because she was my bodyguard so she was wherever I was, and also because she was our number 1 supporter.

"Why are you so happy? Did I not just hear you run into Lord Pretentious?"

"No reason," I said, obviously lying, and she could obviously tell. Especially when my smile grew when I was talking.

"Keefe, even though you may think I am, I'm not an idiot. Tell me or I'll find out another way."

I sighed, before looking up at her, "Foster came back last night and she remembered everything."

"Seriously? What happened?"

"She was at a party and someone guessed the word that the Forklenator used as a trigger for her memories, she went to the hideout last night when she first got back and I was there."

"Awww. My favorite couple, back together again. I missed blondie."

I rolled my eyes, but was still smiling at the same time. "Me too."

"Did she ever tell you why she left?" She asked.

"No. But it doesn't seem like something that she's going to let go of easily, and I'm not going to force her to say something she doesn't want to say."

"Ugh," she complained. "You're so boring."

"I'm not boring, I'm trying to respect her boundaries. Plus it might be really bad If she had to forget and leave for a whole year."

"I guess so. When can I see blondie again?"

"Maybe she'll come by tonight."

"Yes!" Ro exclaimed. "I miss helping you guys sneak around."

I laughed, "Yeah, I think that's the opposite of what Sandor used to say."

It was late at night and storming out. It was also a school night so I was trying my hardest to fall asleep since I was NOT showing up in public without all 9 hours of my beauty sleep. Then I heard my Imparter go off, It was Foster.

"What are you doing up?" I asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"I could say the same for you," she answered. It was obvious that she had been rolling around in bed for a while, her hair was all messy and she did look pretty tired, that still didn't stop her from being gorgeous