014. ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I bet they did make a big deal out of it." Arabella said, making both her and Ric's presence known. Alaric smiling widely, obviously fake.

"Elijah, this is my friend Alaric Saltzman."

"I got your message about walking Elijah through the old property lines. I though I would tag along. You know, being a history buff and all." He spoke.

Even though it was a clear lie, Arabella felt sad for him. But even more for Jenna. Jenna had every right to be mad at everyone who kept it hidden from her that John was Elena's biological father.

"Where to next?"

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I've got that list in my car. Just give me a sec." Jenna said taking Arabella's hand and the two walked away together.

"Alaric Saltzman." Elijah spoke, making Ric turn to him. "You're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect."

"Yeah, so is Jenna."

"You don't have to be jealous. I rarely pursue younger women."

"Yes I can see that. Is that why you slept with Arabella?"

Arabella throw daggers at the back of Ric's head. She really should have kept her mouth shut.

"It's a joke, Ric. Lighten up."

"You're funny."

"What is he doing here? And what are you doing here? I thought you were in the lake house with Elena and Stefan." Jenna said.

Arabella nodded. "I was. I came back, got a call from Bonnie. Stefan and Elena are still there though. And to answer you're first question, dear Jenna. Alaric basically pushed me back into my car and told me you were showing Elijah around."

"What happened between you and Elijah?" Jenna asked and Arabella groaned. Seriously.

"Nothing."

"Then what has happened between the two of you?" Jenna asked, smirking.

"I have learnt recently that I have to keep my mouth shut more."

"Oh, come on, you can tell me." Jenna begged her.

"Fine, but one word and I will- I don't know what I will do but I'll find something."

Jenna nodded.

"I slept with him." Jenna's eyes got big. "Not while I was together with Stefan, a long time ago." Arabella quickly added and walked away before Jenna could say something.

⭒❃.✮:▹

"We have a difference of opinion, Stefan. We're not gonna agree on everything." Elena said as Stefan walked back inside.

"Elena, you agreed to sacrifice yourself to Klaus. To say we have a difference of opinion is the understatement of the century."

"You would know."

Stefan chuckled. "What does Jonathan Gilbert have to say?"

"A lot. It's insane, the things he wrote in his journal. What he kept from the founding families. Stuff that nobody knows. Stuff that you've never told me."