CHAPTER 1 - MATCH DAY 1998

૮ • ﻌ - ა

"Welcome to today's Ice hockey game between the JYP High School and the Be Lift High School. And now, time for the game's starting lineups.

First for the Be lift High School, starting on the right wing, #30 Kim Sunoo, on left-wing #11 Park Sunghoon, on defence #9 Lee Heeseung, on the other defence #10 Sim Jayoon, at
centre #18 Yang Jungwon, and finally in goal #20 Niki."

"For the JYP High School, starting on the right wing, #04 Hwang Hyunjin, on left-wing #08 Han Jisung, on defence #11 Kim Seungmin, on the other defence #25 Lee Minho, at
centre #03 Bang Chan, and finally in goal #23 Jeongin."

"Will everyone please rise and remove their hats for
the playing of the national anthem." The National Anthem starts playing. Everyone including the players stood still to show their tribute to their country.

A song starts playing till the start of the game. And when a whistle is heard the song stops due to a player injury or the ampere called 'timeout'

All the players of JYP High School were having a last meeting with their coach,
"Make sure you do everything you can to win."
"Fighting! " The coach gestured to them with a wide fond smile on his face.
Everyone nodded their head except one person.
"What happens if we lose?"
Everyone turned their head to meet with none other than
"WHAT THE FUCK, MINHO?" Chan yelled.
"Why? Isn't it right? If we lose, are we leaving the team just like you promised? " He spat back at Chan.

Chan was taken aback. He knew it was his mistake that he didn't ask everyone's opinion. He thought it was better if he promised his team would get the funds.
But now there is Minho who is yelling as he already said to Chan that Ice hockey is the only thing that he have, So never accept the deal but Chan did.

"LEE MINHO!! TILL WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BLAME HIM!? IT'S ALREADY BEEN THREE DAYS AND YOU ARE STILL YELLING AND BEING SARCASTIC AT CHAN FOR -"

"WHY ISN'T IT HIS MISTAKE?" Minho interrupted the Coach who was now shocked at his behavior as it was the first time Minho ever interrupted him. That's when he realized that Minho is scared, and he is expressing it in the form of anger.

Minho sighed rolling his eyes.
"I-I did it because I thought we get at least this c-chance." Chan stuttered his head facing down.

Seeing their Captain facing the ground made all the others sad and depressed.

"Hyung..can't.. " Jeongin's voice was slow and low that was more like not audible to anyone.
Hyunjin just kept his hands on Jeongin's back rubbing it softly.

Minho was still yelling thinking as if he was a hot shot or something at Captain Chan. And Chan is guilty as he is the reason why Minho is acting like this.

"Ji, are you okay? "
Jisung's hands were shaking, and he was sweating profusely which made the latter panic.
'What the fuck? How do I shut that fuck's mouth so that Ji can calm down?'
"Are we gonna lose?" Jisung's eyes brimmed with tears.
The latter sighed and cupped Jisung's face gently caressing his cheeks.
"Don't worry, I will make sure we win." He smiled at Jisung.
"Now I will stop their fight first." With that, he got up and saw Hyunjin who was already staring at him.