Beautiful Bliss

When I was young, I had a deep-seated awareness of my uniqueness. Simply put, I'm reluctant to expose it to people for fear that they would criticize my entire individuality, my differences, and why I am the way I am. It even got to the point that I started to doubt myself, although I knew I shouldn't. I must show the entire world how proud I am of myself and that I am capable of doing anything they can.

I am not a straight man, I know for myself that I am part of the LGBTQIA+ community, that I am a bisexual. And in order to blend in with society, I concealed this aspect of myself out of fear that I could be criticized. I worry that they won't accept me and never will, especially in light of my worries about what my friends and family would think, I believed that doing things that way signified strength, but I was mistaken since those who are truly bold do not fear being authentic.

I finally gained the confidence to tell everyone this after a twenty-one-year struggle. Perhaps now is the right time for them to become aware of and witness the lovely butterfly getting ready to extend its wings and soar. But first, I needed to relax and get rid of the anxiety and stress I was experiencing. I needed something sweet, like chocolate. I smiled as I thought of the leftover Hershey's I had earlier bought, so I bit into it and immediately closed my eyes due to how good it tasted

Hershey's had a significant impact on my life during those times, not just for the soothing taste it gives me but also for giving me the courage to have greater faith and resist going into a state of fear. Thanks to Hershey's, I feel prepared to confront a judgmental society and fight even if I'm not sure how things will turn out. What matters most to me right now is that I've been truthful and that I won't give up again.

After several years of disguise, I was finally set free, and for me, it was enough since my family had embraced me and granted me my freedom. My decision to fight for my freedom to express myself and reveal my true colors was one that changed the course of my entire life, and I do not regret it. Despite the uncertainty, I persisted in my efforts and wasn't frightened to try, which is extremely phenomenal.

I hope everyone will learn something from and be inspired by my story of coming out of my shell. We all experience some level of fear, but try not to allow yourself become ensnared by that fear. This is a story of how I gained freedom, acceptance, and love, but most importantly, how I found true happiness. I can honestly say that this is the most meaningful thing I've discovered in my life, and I hope you'll find something that brings you the happiness you deserve.

#HersheysMode