Chapter 10 - Aries Arguement

Getting out of Eric's car, I found the facility before us to be in complete chaos because several monkeys and apes were running all over the compound with what appeared to be the facility employees chasing after them... I guess they were trying to catch them, but the way that they were trying to do so, didn't sit well with me. When I saw one of the employees go after a mother and her baby, causing the baby to be thrown into the air and soon to fall to the ground... I got really upset, really fast. I hurried forward, as the mother was roughly dragged away from her baby, who was just starting to arc back down toward the ground as I picked up a decent sized stick with my right hand. I caught the baby as gently as I could as I kept my pace and continued toward the mother... I use a skilled back hand, that makes me think for a milli-second that I might have played tennis for a time, but then my attention was right back on swinging the stick I was currently wielding at the second employee's head.

Once the two of them were far enough away from the mother, I threw down the stick to my feet as I reached down to free the mother from the restraints that were on her, pulling her carefully to her feet and toward me as I get her as far away from the rough handed employees that had been hurting her moments ago. This must have confused the others because everyone seemed to just slow down and then to stop, even the monkeys and apes, as I made sure that the mother was alright and carefully gave her back her child... only to have one of the men grab me roughly by the arm and pull me away from the two.

"Just who in the hell do you think you are? Why are you protecting the stupid beasts?" The man yelled at me as he shook me and I felt like my neck might snap under the pressure... and when I struggled to get out of his grasp, he swung his arm and slapped me hard on my left cheek.

I fell to the ground with the force and as I lay there shaking my head, trying to figure out how much pain my head was in, I heard every monkey, every ape shouting as they all seemed to zero in on me and the man that had struck me... and who looked like he was about to hit me some more. I was just as shocked as most of the others when the monkeys and apes split into two groups, the males worked together to keep the man away from me, while the females worked at helping me get away from him and back to the mother and child that I had saved... all the while befuddling everyone except for Aries who walked up to the man and punched him on the same cheek that the man had slapped me.

"If you ever touch my niece again, I'll do far worse. Consider this your only warning. Get back to your office." Aries tells the man after he picks him up to his feet and then gives him a shove toward the building, "Everyone back to your offices, my cousin and I can take it from here... where is Williams?"

"Here sir! I tried to tell the others not to call animal control... but you can see who well that went over." An Middle-aged man comes rushing forward, but not to quickly because he looked like he was a bit out of shape.

"How did they all get out?" Aries asks in a hushed voice.

"I have been trying to figure it out sir... but I haven't had the time to check any of the cameras because of this mess that the others caused." The man says in the same tone.

The monkeys and apes seem nervous around Aries, but they respect him all the same. The males back up so that they stand closer to the females, but they still remain protective of them. The females have taken to me, their children play with me from different places on my lap while their mother's watch them or are playing with my hair. My attention turns to the female that I saved because I realize that she is breathing heavily. When I gently place the children that are on my lap onto the ground so that I may crawl to her side, I find that her side is bleeding... and I can not hold back the tears that well within my eyes.

"Aries! Aries, she's hurt!" I shout over to him as I take off the thin jacket that I had been wearing and press it carefully to her bleeding side.

When he, his employee and Eric get to us, the man carefully takes over, lifting it just enough to inspect the wound that I'd found.