33 - Reunion

Depuis le début

Yun grabbed it again. "How long have I been out?"

"That doesn't matter right now. I can't believe this is happening. I'm so...I'm so glad that you're okay." His voice cracked and he squeezed his eyes shut for a moment. "While you were sleeping...I just. I felt like I wasn't living."

He stared at her face lovingly. But she realized that she wasn't wearing her eye patch. She covered her eye and started flushing from shame and embarrassment.

"Please don't look at me," she whispered.

"Why would you want to cover that up?" he quoted her softly, back from when he showed her the scar on his stomach. "You're stunning and beautiful and it's a part of you, so that means it's beautiful as well."

"Thank you," she murmured. "Even if they were my words first," she teased.

He gave her a tilted smile and looked at her vitals. "I think I should call in the medics now." He pressed a button on the wall. "Get ready. Oh, and by the way, you've been out for about a month."

Her eye popped out of her socket. "I'm sorry, WHAT–"

"OH MY GOD, YUN'S AWAKE!" Changbin screeched from downstairs.

"WHAT," six voices yelled back.

"GO, GO, GO," Han shouted as the members ran into the infirmary. Their stomping shook the entire building.

Han bursted in first, followed by the rest of the members. They stared at her in silent awe from the corner of the room.

"Yun," Felix whispered, his jaw on the floor.

After a minute of them being in a completely frozen state, she waved them forward. "Come here, guys," she said with a grin.

They tentatively walked forward, as if she wasn't real. Slowly but surely, they were swarming her, gently hugging her and squeezing her hand.

Seven members were talking to her all at once and she tried her best to listen. She searched for Lee Know, and found him staring at her with a happy, relieved smile.

Everything was right again.

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

After two weeks of resting and physical therapy, she could get up and stand on her own. No support, no wheelchair, and no other person. She could finally be independent again.

During the day, she had fun with the members, but at night, she had nightmares about the fight. Nightmares so intense, she would stay up for hours, rocking herself back and forth. She had to install a nightlight so that she could check if her eye was working.

On a particularly bad night, she could hardly breathe. Yet, she couldn't wake up.

The man stabbed her again. Blood gushed out everywhere.

The man lifted his hand, and the knife came down obnoxiously slow on her eye. She couldn't move. Couldn't blink.

She suffered the slicing of her eye again, the pain nearly waking her up. It was so realistic, she couldn't believe it happened already.

Wake up, wake up, wake up!

She sat up, gasping in desperate breaths of air. She shoved her blankets off her body and allowed the cold night to take her heat away.

"I'm alive. I'm here," she whispered to herself. After half an hour of sitting and staring at her night light, she recognized exhaustion again.

She closed her eyes, but the moment she did, she saw the man's evil face grinning down on her. She inhaled sharply as her eyes flew open.

I can't do this by myself.

She slipped out of bed, and on shaky legs, walked to Lee Know's room. She slipped into bed with him, and she felt his warmth wrap itself around her.

He rolled over so that her back was against his chest. He wrapped an arm around her waist. She couldn't sleep yet, but his presence forced the images away. She sighed with content. His presence was just so calming.

For some reason, his quiet comfort made her overwhelmingly sad. Tears stung her eyes, and she turned around to look at his face. His eyes were already open, trying to assess how she was feeling.

His eyes locked in on her wet lashes. He brushed her hair out of her face and put his arm back around her waist.

"You'll be okay." Three words, yet they meant everything to her.

She choked back a sob and shut her eyes. He gently wrapped both arms around her and pulled her in close, hugging her like he was her lifeline.

At that moment, it felt like he was.

————

So I've been back in school for abt two weeks now! It's been nice seeing everybody again and learning 😄 How are you guys?

I also had my y/n moment yesterday LMAO. This really tall guy I had a crush on during freshman year (I cannot believe it has been that long) was jokingly cornering me and getting closer and I was FREAKING OUT bcs he's so tall and one of the best guys I have ever met.

 This really tall guy I had a crush on during freshman year (I cannot believe it has been that long) was jokingly cornering me and getting closer and I was FREAKING OUT bcs he's so tall and one of the best guys I have ever met