Chapter 7

Tom began spending more time searching on blood maledictions, hoping that maybe there was already an obvious cure, but deep down, he knew that if it were clear, many more lives would have been saved. He often also watched her, checked up on her, and ensured his Rose was okay.

Tom's feelings riveted deeper and deeper as he went on an exhausting spiral searching for a cure. "Here," he reached up grabbing books for her, so she didn't have to climb anything to get them.

Minor things, or major, Tom was constantly doing what he could to make her life easier. Stress gnawed at both of them as every day felt like a tick of time. Rose admired as his eyes locked onto his book, his jaw carved with the perfect angles, like a Greek sculpture made to depict the powerful.

When his eyes flicked to hers, she didn't bother to look away. Tom's stomach flipped with an intoxicating warmth to spread through him, like a jolt of electricity. Each beat of his pulse quickening as he stared back into her eyes, completely distracted from his studies. 

The pull between them was inevitable. Soon enough the attraction would be undeniable and it would be a fight to keep that thrum of appeal between them silent. "Find anything?" She inquired like usual, without much expectancy. Her hands dance the contours of his hands, running over each bump and curve while taking in the clouding scent of his cologne. 

Tom cleared his throat, glancing away to cool the feeling of warmth rushing up his neck. He held his breath until any unusual redness dissipated before looking back at her, "actually, yes," his deep voice sliced through the silence in their corner of the library. Her hand stopped tracing his as she looked up attentive to his coming answer. "Salazar Slytherin's locket withholds a possible wish... It would only make sense if he held this in the Chamber of Secrets, for that was a lair of his own," Tom added lacing his hand into hers, where they had contact moments ago.

Her mind froze in racking up plans at the sudden contact Tom engaged. Tingles fire worked anywhere they touched, but she forced to ignore it. "The Chamber of Secrets..." Vinda whispered to herself.

Intensity built in the rising tension between them. "It would be too dangerous for you to-" Tom began, his words shot off by her.

"I am not weakened yet. I would be a fool to let you venture alone," she stated demandingly, tightening her grip of his hand.

"No, Rose. I will not put you in any chance of harm," Tom communicated the final decision he landed on, "besides. I am the heir of Slytherin. Its my birthright to open the chamber." Rose looked at Tom with worry for his sake, and he squeezed her hand back comfortingly. They stared at each other, looking through the other's eyes as if it were a window to their soul.

While Tom didn't usually show his love through hugs and kisses, he hoped she could see it in his eyes. He looked at her with a softness only she got. "Do you need me to escort you to the common room, or can you do that yourself?" He offered looking at her as an equal.

"I can handle that," she smiled up at him, looking over his face as to remember each crinkle and shadow.

"Very well than" he nodded his head before he pulled his icy cover on and strode out confidently with the mask he held for the rest of the world.