[ 37. toxic ]

| y/n's pov |

WE WERE SO stupid.

We literally fell into an obvious trap and were kidnapped onto some old man's yacht. The old man was Fat Amy's crazy father.

Her dad had picked up his phone and held it to his ear as it rang. I couldn't hear Amy's voice on the other side, but we knew that's who he was calling.

"I know. But there are some people here who think you should reconsider." Amy's father pointed the phone to us.

"Amy!" We all called out.

"Amy, help us!"

"Please!"

"Amy! Please!"

"I don't wanna die, Amy!"

"Help!"

We all went silent when her father gestured for us to do so. He brought the phone to his ear again.

"I don't want to hurt anyone, Patricia." Amy's dad said into the phone. "The only one I wanted was you, but you weren't with them, were you?"

He looked to the watch on his wrist and I grabbed onto Aubrey's hand.

"Oh, well. Plan B. You have 30 minutes. Come to the boat, or your friends swim with the fishies. And I think you know I mean it."

We were going to die. We were going to die. We were going to die.

And I would never see Jesse again. He would never know I was pregnant.

Amy's dad soon after ended the call with a smirk on his face as he turned around.

"So..." He sighed as he sat down. "Which two of you are Ashley and Jessica?"

I felt bad, but I immediately pointed to the two women to my right who sat just past Aubrey.

"Ah, shit."

---

NOTHING HAPPENED TO Ashley or Jessica, but it was still terrifying being trapped there.

"Once we get the money, we sail directly to Sydney." Fat Amy's dad said to one of his men. "Unless she doesn't show. Then things get ugly. Ten minutes, ladies."

"Guys, you know what we should do?" Beca's voice came from my left and I turned to see her sitting behind Chloe.

She was absolutely not there before.

"Where did you come from?" Amy's dad asked.

"What?" Beca looked confused.

"You weren't here before." The old man stated.

"I've been here the whole time." Beca gaslighted. She was most definitely not there before. "I'm just small."

I was so confused as to how she even got there and how nobody had noticed.

"Just... if we only have ten minutes left," Beca went on, standing up. "I say we spend it doing something we love."