[ 36. creepy black van ]

Start from the beginning

As in pregnancy positive. As in I was pregnant. As in there was a baby growing inside of me.

I hasn't told any of the others, except Chloe because she had been with me.

So we were sat at a table at a café having drinks.

"So, do you know how to do this? How do you do this?" Aubrey was asking.

"Pour the water over the sugar, and smash..."

I was staring down at my phone on the table in front of me. I had just sent Jesse a text. Or more.

I need to talk to you about something important.
Call me when you wake up.
Please.
It's really important.

"Do you guys know where Beca is?" Emily asked and I lifted my head to look around. I hadn't seen her since we had gotten to the hotel, which was almost two hours before. "Theo must've said something to her by now. The show's literally tomorrow."

"I know."

"Guys, if Khaled picks us, it'll be our last show together." Chloe spoke and started getting emotional before raising her glass. "Bellas, a toast."

"Ah, a Chloe toast." Emily murmured and I smiled.

"They say that... home is where the heart is. But you guys are the homes that my heart lives in." Chloe spoke. "I am inside of all of you. Except for Y/N, she has a baby inside of her. Cheers."

"What?" Aubrey gasped and a few others looked to me. I sat awkwardly and clicked my glass of water with Chloe's.

"Cheers." I spoke half-enthusiastically while the Bellas looked at me with open mouths.

"Cheers!" Aubrey raised her glass with a grin and everyone was clinking their glasses.

Emily spat her drink back into her cup. "Wait, you're pregnant?"

"Guys, I love you so much." Chloe cried.

"I, um, only just found out..." I nodded and cleared my throat awkwardly. The idea of it was strange, but I didn't mind it. It was scary, but not in a repelling way. I was kind of excited.

Maybe what Stacie and the other girls had said to me about it made me feel a little bit better about everything. I still needed to talk to Jesse though, and he was asleep on the other side of the world.

"Excuse me." A man in a suit came up to us. "Um, are you the Bellas?"

"Yes."

"Oui, monsieur."

"Sí."

"My name is Henri." The man introduced. "Chicago sent me to take you to the USO reception."

"Reception?" I asked.

"Chicago never mentioned any reception." Aubrey looked confused.

"Something about an announcement?" Henri looked between us.

"Oh. We won."