𝙑. Are We Still Friends?

IF AN ANGEL was dropped from heaven, that angel would be Sydney Wright

Effortlessly, she looked truly ethereal like she was some sort of Greek Goddess. Her warm bright red locks that cascaded down in soft waves, glimmering in the sunlight as if touched by divine light. Her hazel eyes were a radiating brown sun warmed with inner gold with her radiant beam of a smile that had the ability to be able to capture the brightness in the darkest of days. It lighted up her face, revealing a hint of mischief and playfulness. And her skin, that seemed to glow with an otherworldly radiance.

She had an alluring charm that all she needed to do was to batt her doe eyes to get free stuff, the type of eyes you get lost in. Even on her days where she showed up to school as if she just woken up from bed, she still received praise.

Maybe that's why Aurora Jade Flores was so jealous of her.

All her life growing up, she felt like she was in her best friend's shadow. The night at the Boneyard was an example of it. Many people surrounding Sydney and pleading to get to know her more whereas Aurora was casted to the side and wasn't able to pick up the pace of the conversation. It sounded like all the popular kids were speaking a language that she couldn't quite understand.

But she couldn't had bitterness within especially if it originated from her best friend. Sydney never had bad intentions and always tried to include her quiet spoken friend in almost everything.

Though being friends for more than a decade, the Argentinian girl sometimes felt bad that they didn't go out and do teenage stuff. Like get drunk, invited to parties or join a club, Aurora preferred to stay at home and read or watch movie marathons with Sydney by her side. Yet sometimes felt like she was holding her back.

Quietly observing Sydney playing beer games with the popular crowd at the Boneyard, she looked happy as if she was truly enjoying herself. For someone who is a social as a butterfly, it must be exciting for her to get mixed into huge groups and trying something different for once.

But though jealously was a common disease in a teenage girl's life, she hated how all the boys in school solely had their attention on her best friend. She guessed that she was always. . .there.

That what's Aurora thought of after receiving dozens of messages and calls from Sydney but decided to ignore them. Her father and her siblings saw that the girl needed some space and thankfully, they left her alone.

She had finished writing her essay for Mr Martin about why should she be much more careful with the science equipment. As she was reading a romance novel that she just recently bought from Barns and Noble, she then looked outside her bedroom window to see multiple of pigeons flying by. Then an idea stuck her making her shot up from her bed and slip on her Mary Janes.