1. it's time to go

1. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨

❝    SOMETIMES GIVING UP
IS THE STRONG THING    ❞

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

unknown number
hey this is max! i got a hold of your number because lando was kind enough to give it. mum said that you're going to be at the dinner party next week with your sisters and mum. is that true?

sylvie f.
yes. and what of it?

max v.
nothing. you just haven't been to any of the dinner parties hosted by her. it's always your sisters and your mom.

sylvie f.
i was busy.

max v.
oh, what were you up to for the past few years then? we've got to catch up at some point :)

sylvie f.
haven't i seen you enough for the past few years? besides the point, i've been keeping myself busy with uni and all.

max v.
i've seen you here and there at the paddock. but you seem to dash off whenever i enter the place or something. and yes, your mother said something along the lines of you graduating this year!

sylvie f.
keeping tabs on me, verstappen?

sylvie f.
did you miss me that much?

max v.
but anyway it's good that you got out of secondary school fast. i was wondering what you were up to. i know you've been modelling too! that's pre nice.

sylvie f.
you know a lot for someone who's been wondering what i was up to.

sylvie f.
you've signed with red bull have you not? like you're not just going to be in toro rosso and all that

max v.
yeah...? how did you know? do you keep tabs of me too?

sylvie f.
no i was in the meeting they've held for this new season. they've already had their eyes on you but they needed to be more confident.

max v.
what?

sylvie f.
whatevs. congrats on your seat.

max v.
thanks? doesn't daniil drive for them still?

sylvie f.
as if you don't know that you'd be taking his seat soon enough