11| And So It Begins

Draco heard the stampede of footsteps approaching and he did the first thing that came to his mind

He scooped the unconscious witch in his arms and took long steps toward the common room.

He just managed to escape before the students filled the corridors. He kept his eyes in front of him, not daring to look down at Hermione Granger's pale face and closed eyes.

The rational part of him knew the uneasiness was due to the bad memories the blood and the near-dead bodies brought back but there was something else too.

Something that had snapped on seeing her bleeding and injured.

Draco wasn't sure what it was and he was also sure he didn't want to find out.

So, he slammed his Occlumency walls in place and got to work.

Godric Gryffindor gave him a smirk that made Draco feel like he knew something he didn't. He rolled his eyes before placing Hermione on the ground beside the painting, casting a disillusionment charm on her.

It seemed important to her that no one knew about her injury and Draco made sure to respect her entirely stupid wish.

He gave the founders the password and slipped inside. Ernie sat on the sofa, his books and quills scattered on the table in front of him.

"MacMillan, Slughorn is asking for you," he said. Ernie's gaze snapped towards him and he frowned.

"Why? Is everything okay?"

"Dunno," he shrugged. Ernie nodded, closing his notebook before he left.

Draco stepped back outside, removing the disillusionment charm and pulling her in his arms once again.

He hesitated for the breath of a moment before he walked towards the boy's dormitory and pushed the door of his room open.

He laid her on the bed and drew out his healing kit.

He knew she had told him to wake her up so that she could heal herself but Draco was sure she wouldn't be able to.

And anyways, he didn't want her bleeding all over his sheets.

He poured two drops of Dittany on the puckered flesh of her arm before swiping his wand over the wound.

The skin stretched and came closer, the two sides of it closing together. He cleaned the excess blood and with another swish of his wand, clean white bandages appeared, twisting themselves around her forearm in a neat circular way.

Draco pulled open his bedside drawer and took out vials of potions.

Blood replenishing, healing potion, strengthening solution. He leaned forward and snaked his arm under her neck, lifting the head up.

He uncorked the vials and emptied them down her throat one by one. He pulled his arm away and cast a quick diagnostic charm over her.

Everything was okay.