The Unlikely Family Man

Start from the beginning

"You look great."

He comments and I smile, placing a hand over my bump. Footsteps sound down the stairs before Leon appears. He and Chris shake hands. As Leon heads into the kitchen to pick up the coffee I had made him and Chris, I give Chris a pointed look.

"Rules?"

I ask and he grins.

"Bring him back alive."

"And?"

"Bring myself back alive."

"And?"

"Watch each other backs."

"Good boy."

I smile and he chuckles. Leon appears and hands Chris his coffee.

"Thanks for this, Em. I'll be in the car when you're ready, Leon."

Chris says, grabbing Leon's duffle and coffee from him before making his way to the huge black truck in our driveway. I sigh and turn to face Leon.

I take his face in my hands and use my thumbs to stroke his cheeks with a sad smile.

"Come back to us as soon as you can. Stay safe. Stay alert. Stay alive."

I say and he nods, leaning down to kiss me deeply. I hug him tightly and just like that, he's gone.

~Two weeks pass and Emily hasn't heard anything from Leon or even Chris

~
Two weeks pass and Emily hasn't heard anything from Leon or even Chris. She tries to keep her worries at bay. Her Husband is a fighter, that she knows, but the fear of losing him still sneaks up on her from time to time.

Her gender scan was in two weeks and she heavily doubted that Leon would make it back in time.

She kept herself busy, going to work and limiting herself to light duties per Leon's request. However, she so very missed performing surgeries and actually helping patients.

Whenever Leon was, she only hoped he was safe.
~
The chopper takes off wobbly and Leon and Chris pant heavily from where they were sprawled out on the floor of the chopper.

A small town in Texas, only home to 1500 people was the perfect place to release a new strain of the T-Virus. Isolated and controlled. That's where Leon, Chris and team went off to. Every single resident infected and had to be taken down. However, the one responsible escaped with the last samples of the virus.

"Plot a course for The White House. We've gotta warn the President."

Leon says, heaving himself to his feet. The pilot nods. Chris stands beside Leon.

"We don't know where he'll release the next strain."

Chris says and Leon sighs. All he could think about was his Wife and unborn child and if they were okay.
~
After informing the President of what has happened, Rebecca was flown into The White House to help the team narrow down where the next strain could hit.