New life?

This was requested by: Violet748435
Hope u like it :)
-

With trembling hands, you pressed the doorbell. It seemed like forever before the door finally opened. And there he was. Your father. You didn't really know what to expect since you'd never met him. Your mom told you that they split up right when you were born but kept in touch for some time afterward.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asked full of surprise. Of course he hadn't expected his long lost daughter standing on his doorstep. You swallowed, dreading to tell him the reason why you're here.

"Do you remember my mom?" He nods. "Yes I remember Rachel." Of course she did. She was the most stunning woman on the island. "She's dead." He looked shocked. The last time they talked to each other was years ago, but still. He felt sorrow.

"Oh my god."

"She got sick and before she died, she told me I could live with you. She gave me your address. I'm sorry maybe I should've called but I just packed all my things. I didn't know what to do."

"Hey it's okay, kid. You're always welcome here. Come in."

You followed him inside the large mansion. You definitely didn't expect your father to be this rich. "Can I get you something to drink?" He asked. "Water is fine."

He handed you a glass of water. "Let's sit outside. I think we definitely need to catch up. I surely hope you remember my name?" He says with a chuckle.

"Of course I do, Ward."

-

Last week you arrived at Outer Banks and met your father Ward. Soon you learned he was practically the richest man on the island with a huge house, a pool, a big yacht, etc. His 'new' wife's name was Rose and he had three kids. Rafe, Sarah and Wheezie.

You also learned that Ward was very fond of his status. But his kids not so much. You were told that Rafe went off the rails, doing drugs and psycho shit. And that Sarah chose her Pogue boyfriend over her family. You learned that a 'Pogue' was the opposite of what Ward was, a 'Kook'. So you could understand why he wasn't happy about that

You didn't actually know where you fit in. You lived with your mom in New York, so you weren't exactly 'poor' but you also weren't used to this luxury.

Ward didn't seem to care though. He saw you as his daughter and his daughter needed to be as entitled as he was. And with Sarah now practically leaving the family, it felt like you needed to take her place. Like he wanted to you fill the void Sarah left behind. To not be your own person, but to actually be Sarah.

It felt weird and exhausting. You were still grieving your mother's death and now you suddenly had to be this new person. So today you decided that you would take it easy. Lay in bed till noon and then just relax in your room.

Except your peace was interrupted when your dad burst into your room. "Y/n what are you doing in bed? It's almost noon" he said frustrated. You sighed deeply. You didn't expect him to have zero remorse.

"Dad I really want to stay in bed today, I don't feel very good."

"You can go to bed early tonight. Get up. We have to go to an event today and I want you there dressed up and looking good." You frowned.

"Come own Y/n don't be lazy." Before you could say anything he grabbed your arm and roughly pulled you out of bed. "Ow" you said. His firm grip hurt you. "I can't have this life with a daughter who lays in bed all day, understood?" You nodded. "Be ready in an hour." He let go of your arm and left the room.

Was this your new life?

-

That 'event' Ward was talking about was horrible. You had to wear an uncomfortable dress and smile the whole fucking time. You had to greet new people and have polite conversations with them. It was exhausting.

After what felt like forever, you excused yourself to get a drink. You needed it so bad you almost chugged it. "Y/n?" You turned around. Sarah was standing in front of you with a group of people behind her.

"I wanted you to meet my friends. John B, my boyfriend." Of course you knew him. "That's Pope, Kiara and there's JJ." Your eyes got stuck on the blond boy. His deep blue eyes stared into yours. It felt intimidating yet comforting.

"Hi guys." They greeted you. "Y/n is my half-sister and moved here from New York after her mom died" Sarah explained. You guys talked for a bit. They seemed like a very close friend group and deep down you felt a sting of jealousy.

"What's that?" JJ suddenly asked you when the others were busy in a conversation. He pointed to your arm. Looking down, you noticed there was a faint bruise on it. The bruise Ward caused when he pulled you out of bed, you thought.

"Oh it's nothing" you tried to brush it off. You thought he probably wouldn't even believe it if you told him it was Ward. JJ was still looking at you, of course he knew that it wasn't 'nothing'. He wanted to ask further, but Ward showed up.

He definitely did not like it that his daughter was standing with the Pogues. "Y/n? What are you doing? I need you to meet some people" he said straight up. Before you could protest, he grabbed your arm again on the same spot and pulled you away from the Pogues.

JJ noticed Ward's hand gripping the arm where your bruise was and he instantly put two and two together. He hesitated to say something about it but he couldn't possibly go against the most powerful man on the island. So with a heavy feeling in his chest, he watched you walk away...

Part 2 coming soon!
———

A/N

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Thank you for reading! Let me know what you think and if you have any tips.

Bye <3