Chapter 1

Brianna

Nothing is worse than being caught red-handed But being caught with red hands has to be worse.

My bloody clothes and hands were easily noticeable due to their copper smell and ruby-red colour. I was drenched in deer blood and so were my ash arrows, It was from hunting this morning and Zackson was making me take the carcass of the deer to sell for shillings. I hated my job and even Zackson knew it but he loved making me whine about it but it helped pay my rent.

I was walking down the hall to go to Jackson's office to give him the shillings but I bumped into someone's warm chest "Brianna, there you are I've been looking for you!" a familiar voice filled my head 'Aaron' and he was standing straight above me and staring at me with his magenta eyes and beaming his welcoming smile."crap" I mutter under my breath "Hi Aaron it's nice to see you as well" I give him a welcoming smile but his facial expression changes as soon as he notices the blood imprinted onto his shirt from my chest and hands.

I guess I must have spooked him because he lifted me from the ground dragged me into a supply closet and started yelling inaudible words to me that hadn't been processed into my brain yet."It's not what you think" I blurted out "I haven't killed anyone I promise, I was hunting deer and Zackson told me to carry the dear carcass to the shops which got the blood all over me!"Aaron's expression slowly drifted from mad to shock which calmed me because his fangs were flaring at me and he knew it brought back memories of my parents."I know blood makes your fangs come out but I promise I didn't intend to do that," I said as a long sigh came out of his mouth."Your very stupid for doing that you know, I could have killed you!" he yelled at me, he never yells and he knows he does but I must have made him pretty pissed for him to shout at me.

~