𝖎𝖎𝖎. ━━━ protective by nature

♰.. ARSONIST'S LULLABY
━━ *ੈ✩‧₊ ❝ ( protective by nature ) ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

chapter three :

━ they still lingered, those thoughts that haunted her ━

( longer, but important chapter ahead !! )

"I need a word with you Barty."

Evan Rosier walked through the corridors of the Hogwarts castle, trying to even find a glimpse of Barty Crouch Jr. anywhere. When he saw Willhelm Selwyn from a distance, laughing, Evan knew he was about to be close. In his Slytherin Quidditch uniform, Evan Rosier strutted over to them.

"Just. . Just one moment, Rosier!"

"No, now. It will only be short." Grabbing him by the collar of his shirt, Evan pulled Barty aside and put him in front of him. Now standing eye to eye, with just the right amount of distance in between, Evan only slightly towering over Barty, Barty's smile had faltered.

"I just wanted to know if we have this clear." Straightening his collar, Barty looked up at Evan, who had his arms crossed over his chest. His face was serious and his eyes were stern. "You are going to sit up in the stands, and watch us very carefully."

Evan paused, to see if Barty was actually listening. "Pandora is sitting there with you as well." Suddenly a grin appeared on Barty's lips, but didn't dare to say anything just yet. "If you even dare to utter a single word to her, even look at her, you won't have a spot on the team."

When Evan Rosier arrived home over the summer, the news of him being the new Slytherin Quidditch captain had spread fast. His own father and Barty Crouch had been most utterly proud, excited to hear about their son's games. Even with Barty being Evan's friend, he also knew how manipulative Barty could be.

If Evan didn't give him a spot on the team, he somehow would make the team anyway.

But Evan Rosier could also not deny the talent Barty Crouch Jr. had for Quidditch.

"All of that is literally impossible! Are you going to take my eyes out if I look at her?" A grin placed itself back onto Barty's lips, laughing as he looked at Willhelm, to see if he was laugh as well, but he wasn't. Still, the grin stayed on his lips.

"I might as well." His voice was threatening, it instantly wiped away the grin off his face. "Or cut your fingers off, whichever you prefer."

"Okay alright, I won't look at her or talk to her." He laughed again, as well trying to see if Willhelm might have thought this was funny as well. But when he shook his head, Barty sighed deeply. "I promise."

"Good." Evan looked at Barty with the same look in his eyes, just like before. Without any other word, after having made sure Barty really would just leave Pandora alone, he walked away. He could hear Barty mumble something under his breath, but didn't hear him laugh, which was good.

"He cant take my eyes out, if he wants me to watch the try-outs." Barty mumbled to himself more than actually tell Willhelm, who was indeed listening along. He looked at Willhelm with pleading eyes, even if he was friends with Evan, Evan could be quite intimidating sometimes.