The final goodbye

(guys, i actually teared up writing this. I'M SORRY)

Inspired by orange-cow

"You brought a gun to a sword fight," Wednesday said when she saw Laurel walk down the small flight of stairs, holding a gun. "Probably the first smart decision you made today."

"I might not get to kill all the outcasts. But atleast I'll get to kill you, Wednesday." She smiled, being overjoyed. 

A deafening gunshot pierced through the empty woods, alarming the nevermore students standing outside the gates. 

"Where's Wednesday?" Enid asked as her voice wavered. 

"GUYS, HELP!" Eugene screamed for help with desperation in his voice as he lead the bees out.

Xavier sprinted into the gates and froze when he saw a motionless body on the ground. He repeatedly prayed in his head, hoping it wasn't her. His eyes flooded with tears as he got closer, realizing it was Wednesday. He sunk to the ground beside her and pulled her gently in his lap.

No, no, no, no, no.

"X-Xavier?"

His eyes traveled to the open wound on her upper abdomen, overflowing with blood. He pressed his hand against it,

"It's okay, you're okay, we're okay." There's so much blood.

"I still love you." He spat out.

"W-What? You love me?

The worst part is, I-I love you too." 

"You do?"

"I do. I really, really do." Her eyes swam with tears.

"Y-You're a fucking idiot. Why didn't you tell me?" He caressed her cheek.

"I-I thought you hated me." The blood seeped through his fingers, staining his hands.

"I thought so too...but I don't"

She struggled to keep awake, trying her best not to acknowledge the blood spewing out of her. 

"Listen to me, you'll get better and we'll go visit the cemetery in my town."

"I'm scared..." Tears began falling down the side of her face.

"I know, but please, stay awake okay? Everything will be okay."

Her eyes fluttered,

Xavier prayed for any kind of miracle, these were the times he needed them the most. All his precious memories slipped through his fingers like sand,

FLASHBACK

"What's your name?" The young boy asked.

The pig-tailed girl turned to him and answered,

"Wednesday. Wednesday Addams." Her skin looked like an angel's. He felt a spark and despite being ten, he knew she was something to him no one will ever be.

"Xavier Thorpe."

"Let's play a game."

"What game?"

"How about hide and stab?" She suggested.

"Let's just stick with hide and seek."

~~~

Where is he? She thought to herself, hiding behind a tree. Screaming sounds were heard from the coffin, about to be rolled into the crematorium. She ran over to the coffin and hit the STOP button.

"Aren't you the brightest of the bunch?"

"Thanks for hitting that button..."

"I must go now, I will see you soon. Maybe."

"Oh, okay! Bye Wednesday!" He waved frantically at her. She gave a small smile.

PRESENT

"Wednesday, my love, please stay with me. Just a few more minutes, you're doing so, so well." His voice wavered.

Her eyes struggled to keep open, she shut them, just for a few seconds. She thought.

"PLEASE, GOD, NO! I CANT IMAGINE THE WORLD WITHOUT YOU..." his attempts at shaking her awake failed. Tears overflowed from his eyelids from which he struggled to see the motionless raven in his lap.

~ time skip, two days later ~

Enid stepped in her dorm, seeing Xavier sit there on Wednesday's bed with bloodshot eyes and a puffy nose reminded her of a girl who used to sleep there. He paid no attention to her as she walked over to her side of the room and took out a letter from her drawer.

"Xavier?"

"What do you want, Enid?"

"Wednesday wanted me to give this to you...she told me to give it to you on the sixteenth November, and that's today."

He snatched the letter from her hand and she marched out of the room before giving him a small pat on his back.

The artist tore the letter carefully, not wanted to damage the contents.

Dear Xavier,

I would've given you this letter earlier, but for the first time in my miserable life, I was nervous. I was scared. So, I decided it was better for you to get this letter after I am gone.

I truly loved you, I really did. Funny how I dreamt of you while I was wide awake. Everything about you tortured me, Xavier. In a good way, of course. Your laughter, your smile, your kindness, your art, your personality, your foolishness, you.

I did know I would be gone in a few days. I didn't bother telling anyone because of the ruckus it would cause.

If you miss me too much, just think of me. I promise I will be standing right beside you.

With all the love I have left,

Wednesday Addams.

"Just come back...please. I can't do this without you...I love you..."

▪︎▪︎▪︎

If only I could tell you, how much you meant to me. But destiny had other plans.

---------------------------------------------------

I think this one is fine. The letter is okay ish.

Tell me wot you think

D~