The Intoxication Of Eyes

Abhimanyu Pov:

After me and bhaisa returned to the kingdom we were showered with a lot of prasings and love from our people. I could feel my father my Bapusa being proud of us and this feeling made my chest swell with happiness.  Maa had arranged something for me and bhaisa after we had returned. I heard that it was some kind of welcome event arranged for us.

Honestly, I didn’t want to attend the event but just for the sake of Maa I had to do it. I was so tired after the war that I didn’t even want to leave my chamber and just rest the whole day. But who had the guts to oppose Maa ‘s words.

The sun had set totally and soon the night approached. We were summoned in the royal court with flower showering on us while we entered. The event started with the first performance of Bhamu kaka. He was our storyteller. Since we were small he used to narrate stories of great Warcraft, Kings and their reign and few love stories in secret while our teenage years of growing up while he enacted them.

Out of all the artists in our kingdom he was my favourite. The next was a shashtriya sangeet. It was getting almost late night when the last and final performance was announced. Nritya. The dancers had entered the court and settled themselves according to their positions. 

Soon the sound of anklets bell ringed in my ear. The sound of those anklets gave some itchy feeling to my heart. An nice itcy feel.

 Usually when we had arranged nritya in any of our events at the royal court, the dancers would be well experienced and older in age with very profound skills of dancing. Still the dancers never got a permenant palce in the royal court. And now I heard that the dancer of our royal court was very young yet talented and she was tied to our kingdom. Curiosity had indulged in me to see what magic did this Nartaki do to the entire sabha of Drupradesh. But that wasnt the interesting part, the most interesting part was that Maa was too impressed by her.

The noisy court was silent as the anklets could be heard.

I lifted my eyes to see from where the noise of those anklets were coming, and there she entered wearing a white ghagra and choli. A fine lady with petit figure with a beautiful a waist chain tied to her small and tiny waist making it look more beautiful and soft. She had her long hairs tied into a loose plait and her face was covered with a veil till her nose making her rosy lips more profoundly visible. The enitre court went into pin drop silence while she entered which made me more intrigued about her.

She came towards The King and The Queen and bowed to them but in the meanwhile I had started getting restless to see her face. She stepped back a little and then sat elegantly between the dancers. And the soft tune on the tabla started to play when she slowly lifted her veil up. My heart had started to increase it’s speed.

“Khoobsurat” was the only word that I could think of. She lifted her veil up and her eyes met mine intoxicating me into her beautiful eyes. My heart had stopped beating. I could not feel anything anymore. All I could see and feel were her eyes. Those eyes were like drugs or shall I say, more dangerous than drugs. The more I looked into them, the more I drowned. I knew I was drowning in... In Her eyes, her beauty or her just her. I couldn’t take my eyes away from hers. But then suddenly she broke the eye contact giving me a unsettling feel in my heart.

The tabla had started playing with her graceful moves and her killer expressions. Not in the entire dance she had again looked at me except of her one sequence in which she enacted as if i was teasing her by holding her wrist and not letting it go even after her pleads. In short she was calling me a naughty boy just like kanha.That made me have a strange good feeling.I shall show her what this kanha can do.

Her tiny waist moved gracefully with her steps and everyone in the court were watching her in absolute silence and awe. I didn’t like others watching her but at the same time I just wanted to focus on her and watch her dance and so did I do. Her dance came to an end with a very loud sound of  claps and praises from the entire court it almost made my ears bleed.

She was indeed intoxicating. Her presence her every thing was intoxicating. Dangerous than a drug.

After the event there was a small meet with our alliances and that’s when I heard some people talking about her. She and her dance both were magical wasn’t it?”  “Yes Yes, isn’t it why the king himself had asked her to become their royal court dancer.” “Indeed the name Kamini suits her”………

Kamini so this is your name. Kamini means wish, desire and everyone does desire you. Even me.

What!! No no no Abhimanyu whats wrong with you. I can’t loose my focus for womens around me. Womens are just distraction and being an imperial prince I can’t be distracted. Just two three days and even this Kamini will be out from my mind. What’s so special about her huh, nothing.

I can get many more like her.....But those eyes held something in it. Something like a magnet that kept attracting me towards her. Why are you messing with my head Kamini? Just few moments of stares and I'm already drowning into your thoughts.  They are consuming me even more faster than a dangerous infection or drug.

I need to clear my mind.

Saying this Abhimanyu left from there to the palace's terrace. But someone was there who was watching him getting restless and then followed him.

“Ohh my god!!”

Sooo this was the next chapter. I’m so sorry that I updated it late as I had my exams going on. But ya it’s here and I’m here to keep u lovely people entertained.  And guys plz plz plz comment on the story. I really love reading your comment and I don’t mind even if it’s negative. I’m happy that atleast you guys consider my work. And I’ll keep on updating you guys soon. So stay tuned for the next part.

And ya go check out my instagram account _ kaya_writes to watch my reels of Nartaki and if anyone interested to have a collab dm me..lob yall😘