My Blessing Was Your Curse (Chapter 37)

ابدأ من البداية

I scanned the desk for the most expensive item but ended up grabbing whatever as the strange guy picked himself up.

It was an Hourglass filled with dark purple sand and framed with ebony wood.

I launched it in the air and caught it as I smirked at my mysterious saviour.
"Now then, better take that off or this hourglass will meet an early end."

Taken aback by my tactic his anger turned into a small smile.
"Well played."
He commended his hand travelling up.

"So this is where my plan takes a turn."
The stranger spoke as he gripped the frame carefully his hand somewhat trembling.

My eyes fixed on his face as he started sliding down the accessory.

My breathing was quick and the air almost felt like it had a thick texture to it as he revealed soft pink sharp eyes and a familiar mark that made me inhale deeply in shock.

My heartbeat was uncontrollable and my stomach had dropped so deep I felt like puking. He let the mask fall to the ground but he barely registered that.

A scar so peculiar and green I could never mistake it.

"Mint?"
The name slips from my lips so painfully.

"I'm afraid so."
He answered looking somewhat unsure of himself but still keeping a smile.