"Oh, my little (Y/N) must be off practicing their abilities, up that mountain..."

The old Zonai pointed to a mountain, visible from the big window in the room.

"We'll head that way. Thank you, (F/N)."

"No problem, young princess... I hope my (Y/N) will be adequate for the position of champion."

He gave us a warm smile before we turned to leave.

--(Y/N)'s POV--

"Easy does it..." I told myself as I sneaked towards the Bokoblin camp at the top of the hill.

I always come up to this camp after blood moons to train. I gotta admit, Bokos and Moblins make for good training!

I don't just practice my fighting skills up here. I'm not sure why or how, but sometimes, somehow, I'm able to... manipulate time, in a way. Time stops for a few seconds, and immediately whatever was threatening me, somehow starts going backwards, to the spot where it was before.

Father told me this is thanks to me having 'royal blood' from our ancestor, King Rauru. It's said he possessed this and even more abilities, which he used to build the kingdom of Hyrule.

My ability only functions in dangerous situations from what I know, but I need to learn how to use it on command...

Enough about that though. I gotta slain some Bokos. Crouching down, with my ears laying flat on my back, I slowly approached the camp.

Suddenly, an arrow hit the head of the Bokoblin I was approaching.

"Holy Hylia, where did that come from?!"

I turned to see the direction from where the arrow came, and saw two blonde Hylians, a male and a female.

I was a bit confused to say the least, but more people might make this easier...

"Hey! Don't just stand there! Help me out here!"

Immediately, the two Hylians got off the horse and rushed over here, avoiding many arrows being thrown in their direction.

I started fighting off some of the Bokos, using my Zonaite Sword. This sword is a rare find, its blade appears when it's used in fight and disappears when it's put away. My father gave it to me a long time ago, when I was just a little Zonai kid...

"Enough nostalgia, I'm in the middle of a fight!"

The Hylian man rushed over to the enemies, pulling the woman with him. I could see the man saying something to the woman, but I couldn't quite hear it over the sound of the Bokoblin screaming. The woman did seem mad though...

The man rushed over to the massive Boss Bokoblin and... pulled out the Master Sword?! Wait... if he carries the Master Sword, that means that the woman...

"Princess?"

Distracted, I turned to the princess, confused. Thanks to me getting distracted, I got a hit right in the face from a Moblin, which sent me flying towards Zelda. I landed right next to her.

"I... uhm... are you alright?"

"Yeah yeah, I'm alright." I got up from the floor like nothing happened.

"I presume you're (Y/N), yes?"

She knows who I am?

"Uh... yeah! Is there-" I was cut off by an arrow flying right in front of us.

"Right. I forgot. I'll, uh, I'll be right back, okay? Stay safe."

The princess nodded, and I rushed over to help the knight.

--Zelda's POV--

Being unarmed, there wasn't much I could do to help. So I decided I'd just let them fight by themselves. I hid behind a nearby rock, and peeked to see how the fight was going.

I always knew Link is a great fighter, but I've never seen the strategies (Y/N) was using.

"Seems like the chief wasn't wrong about them..."

After a long, long battle, the two were victorious... or so they thought so, and so did I.

Until I spotted a single red Bokoblin pushing down a spiked ball towards Link and (Y/N)!

I couldn't warn them about it in time, and...

Time suddenly stopped. Everything turned gray... except for (Y/N), whose 3rd eye opened. What the hell is going on?!

Suddenly, the spiked ball started moving upwards, back to the Bokoblin.

The world turned back to normal, as the Bokoblin was defeated.

"... So that just happened." (Y/N) said, their breath heavy as his third eye slowly closed.

I rushed over to them, still in disbelief.

"Mx (Y/N), what in the world was that?! How did you stop time? Can you do it on command? Why did your third eye open up?" I barraged (Y/N) with questions.

"I... well..."They scratch the back of their neck. They take a deep breath. "It's a thing I inherited from an old ancestor, King Rauru. I don't know how it works, just that it activates whenever I'm in danger. And no, I can't do it on command." They spoke at a fast pace.

Link walked over to me and gave me a look that said "aren't you forgetting something?" That reminded me of what we came here for.

"So, Mx (Y/N)... Have you heard about the recent sightings of a Divine Beast around here?"

"Yes, I have. Why do you ask, princess?" Their ears perked up in curiosity

"Well... We are currently in need of someone to pilot this Divine Beast, which means we're also in searc of a new champion."

"Wait... are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Indeed. I'm asking you to become our new Champion, pilot of the Divine Beast, Vah-Windre."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I promise Revali will be in the next chapter. I'm sorry if this chapter's short but school takes a LOT of time out of my day.