Part 7: Ain't That the Truth

Start from the beginning

"Tsk. My. Fucking. God. y/n figured out about my school situation too. They must think I'm such a dumbass." I vent.

"Sorry about that." Kazutora says, looking up from the tv.

"Shut up."

I grab some blankets and lie down on the dusty carpet.

"You know, you should go talk to them. They will only stay worried if you don't." Leaf suggests, folding their arms behind their head.

"Yeah like that's any easier." I complain.

"I'm just trying to help!"

"Yeah. I'm Sorry I'm just stressed."

"It's fine, I think we've all been stressed lately, Kazutora has been giving me no time to think ever since he was kicked out of his old place."

"Police can suck my ass!" Kazutora laughs, then pauses almost leaving for a moment. "I bet NOT ONE of them have experienced the fear of having to ask their parents for food because all the food is rotten if there was any at all!! Or never being able to sleep because of the constant yelling and fucking fear their mom won't be there in the morning! STUPID DAD STUPID ALCOHOL! FUCK!!" Kazutora yells violently, throwing the remote. Leaf rushes over to calm Kazutora down

"Ain't that the fucking truth." I sigh, closing my eyes and letting my exhaustion take over.

I wake up before the two the next morning and leave silently, like always. I walk up the stairs, opened the door and went to y/n's apartment. It was almost as if my body went into autopilot, taking out a cigarette, lighting it, and taking my usual path to their place. Then I continue to walk down that same cracked sidewalk, my knuckles hurting and my head spinning. What do I say to them? How do I explain, what do I do? Is there really any point? Whenever I'm near anyone they just leave anyway. I understand why. Y/n would never leave me, and that's the problem.

Y/n again:

I wake up and go to the kitchen only to find that my mom isn't home. She had left a note on the fridge explaining her absence.

'Y/n, I'll be back in the evening. We just had a boy come in for his second murder case. Remember to put the potatoes in the oven' -mom

I open the fridge and take out the bag of small potatoes and put them in a glass container while I start preparing them to go in the oven, when I hear a knock on the door. I quickly wipe my hands off on a washcloth and go to open the door.

"Hey."

"Hanma! You ok?" I ask

"No." He chuckles.

"Shuji, your hands! If you don't treat them, they will get infected!" I take his hand and sit him down at the counter. "You really can't do anything without me can you." I joke.

"I guess not." He rubs his knuckles nervously.

"You are going to open the wounds!" I grab his hand and start treating it.

"..You called me by my first name."

"Oh, sorry, I guess I was just worried and it slipped out." I apologize while disinfecting his wound.

"I like it." He replies quietly. "Y/n I haven't been completely honest with you. And I'm sorry."

"I know."

Hanma sighs. "Me and Kazu are part of a gang, so is Kisaki."

I stop for a while taking it all in.

"Do you hurt people?" I ask timidly.

"Only If they really deserve it."

"Is that what your hand tattoos really mean?" I run my fingers across them.

Shuji shivers slightly as I do.

"Yeah, I was an edgy 14 year old when I got them. Most of what I told you before was true. Now people in that gang life kinda know me for them."

"Man, my mom was right I guess." I sigh.

"I hate when parents are right, it ticks me off."

"Yeah I agree."

"So are you going to break up with me?" Shuji suddenly asks worriedly.

I laugh sadly, "I don't think I ever could." I return to my task.

Then after I finished I go over and sit beside him and leaning on his shoulder.

"Shuji, what are we going to do?"

"I don't know love, I don't know." His voice cracks as he turns to hug me kissing the top of my head.

We stayed like that for a while, arms wrapped around each other, ignoring all our problems