part-20 someone to protect

⚠️⚠️trigger warming homophobia and verbal/physical abuse please done read if that is a potential trigger for you thank you⚠️⚠️

Rains POV
I hadn't heard the name Helios since I was a kid, but I hate it more now than I did then. I won't correct her, though. She doesn't need to know one thing about the life I was forced to build for myself. When I was a kid I was different it was easy for her to torture me I had nothing but now it was different now I had someone to protect from her and he currently had his arm protectively places around my waist rubbing small comforting circles on my waist. I would not let her hurt Phi or say the awful things I had to hear. "Why are you here?" The statement was cold. Frankly, I didn't care what she wanted. This woman would get nothing from us. "Helios, why do you think I'm here. I'm here because I want to see-" "spare me the lies. Why are you really here?" I interrupted, not interested in hearing the lies about how she's here to see me or because I'm her son. She stepped forward, and the next thing I knew, her hand hit my cheek. "HELIOS THIA IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT YOUR MOTHER" she screamed and went to hit me again, but Phi pulled me back "I think it's time you leave" his tone matched mine now it was no longer the voice I was accustomed to it was cold and distant. I put a hand up to tell him I had this and stepped forward. "What. Do. You. Want?" I asked again this time instead of answering right away she looked me up and down and responded "a respectable son first I come her to find you still dress like this and not only that but now you found yourself a boyfriend I mean come on Helios you really think he's so different he wants something from you no one would actually want a person like you" at one time that statement would have broke me made me belive her but she was wrong. He loved me. I knew that. It was the one thing I was sure of "your wrong-" Phi said behind me but once again I raised my hand to quite him "we don't need to justify anything to this woman Phi I know why she's here now it's the same thing she did when I was younger if I had money she would hit me then tear me down and once I felt like crap she'd take the money and say it was what I was good for. She wants money and she Won't get it from us." I turned to her as i said the last part. "Helios please I'm your mother" "Let's get one thing straight you gave birth to me yes but are not nor will you ever be anything close to my mother. If your still here in 30 minutes i will call the police and have you removed from my home" With that I grabbed Phi Payus hand went inside and locked the door behind me and hugged him. It wasn't the kind of sweet hug we shared every morning I was more a reassuring one a way of reminding ourselves over and over in that minute that the other one was still here and okay. Phi pulled away from the hug a bit and gently placed his hand on my face rubbing it with his thumb. I knew why. He felt guilty I had been hit. "That wasn't your fault phi" his eyes softened and glazed over he tried not to let a tear fall but they inevitably did. 'I'm sorry rain I'm sorry I didn't know what to do I've been on misson after Misson I have seen my own men shot or injured but none of that phased me and yet the moment she hit you all I felt was this mix of- of rage and panic all at once" I kisses his cheek not minding the tears. "Shh it's okay you did exactly what I needed you to do. You made sure I didn't get hurt the second time and let me handle it like I needed to" he looked at me unsure still and I gave him a reassuring nod. He seemed to be okay with this and hugged me again. "I think it's time you met my actual parents now though" I said he gave me a confused look "they adopted me after she and my father kicked me out" he nodded as I cleared up the previous statement. "Sure I'd like that a lot" now that things calmed down I finally noticed the roses behind him "Phi what-?" He put a finger to my lips to quite me. What in the world does he have planned now?

And then the readers found rains mom
The first reader kicked her
The next did the same
The following one decided they wanted to be different so they sat there yelling at her
And all the readers were happy
❤️