An Offer! (Chapter 15)

Start from the beginning

"Isn't that considered breaking and entering?" Asked Ukitake in confusion, he had heard this term from Rukia who had heard it from Ichigo given Rukia habit of barging into his home.

"What would you prefer? Having sensei come down here or we deal with it ourselves?" Asked Naruto while the two went quiet immediately. They had decided to handle this because they didn't want the head captain to come down here.

If Isshin had pulled the earlier stunt of closing the door in Yamamoto's face, it would be his funeral. Yamamoto was the head captain and Isshin was his own subordinate who had abandoned his post without warning while breaking quite a lot of laws.

Isshin should normally be put on trial as well as executed for treason but he was going to be given leniency. The three had come here to prevent stunts like this one from pissing off their sensei and causing Isshin and his family to be in a lot of trouble.

"On second thought...you're right. It's best if we handle this!" Said Ukitake as they located Isshin who was obviously trying to scurry and hide somewhere in the house.

"So that's his wife. I now see where Ichigo got his hair color...Isshin sure was enjoying himself." Said Shunsui with a smile while Naruto shook his head with a sigh.

"Just don't bring this up to them. Masaki Kurosaki died in a hollow attack a few years back after saving her son, Ichigo, which led him to have survival guilt over the incident." Said Naruto which made the two wince.

Naruto had Rukia tell him everything she knew about Ichigo. She was at first reluctant but told him everything she had known about him that also included the incident with his mother.

"Isshin! We know you're inside. We're not here to hurt you or your family in the matter. We just need to talk to you so stop acting like a child and come out and talk with us." Said Naruto with a sigh.

"Isshin...it's your drinking buddy Shunsui here. Why don't you come out and have a drink with us, we haven't had one in a long time." Said Shunsui in his best amicable voice.

"I know this may be somewhat surprising but we've managed to get sensei to forgive your transgression all those years back..." Said Ukitake as he took a deep breath.

"We have an offer that would best suit your current situation so would you be willing to come out and have a civil talk with us?" Asked Ukitake trying his best to ease any of Isshin's worries.

A minute had passed but then they heard footsteps approaching the door of what they assumed was Isshin's bedroom. The locks were opened reluctantly at that but then they saw Isshin peeking at them carefully.

"Hey! Look who's finally decided to come out, you hurt me feeling back there. I thought you hated me!" Said Shunsui trying to joke around which made Isshin calm down enough and smirked.

"Nothing personal, Shunsui. It's not everyday that I get to be visited by old faces like this and considering my circumstances, excuse me for being a little hesitant." Said Isshin as he opened the door fully revealing himself in all his glory.

"It's fine...it's understandable why you'd panic. I've suggested that we'd warn you about our arrival through Kisuke but Naruto had thought you'd run away somewhere." Said Ukitake with a smile.

"Run away? I'm not a coward to run away!" Said Isshin with his arm crossed and feeling offended as he glared a little at Naruto while Naruto smirked at him.

"Well you did certainly run inside your home and hid under your blanket when you saw our faces. I never thought that I inspired so much fear in people's hearts that they'd react that way to me!" Said Naruto amusingly while Shunsui snickered even more.