20 - 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘳

*EMMA'S POV*

A loud screeching sound pierces my ears. It doesn't take me long to make out it's a scream, a cry for help.

My instincts immediately kick in as I get up and sprint to the hall to see if someone knew what was going on.

By the look on their faces, everyone is as surprised and confused as I am. People are rushing through the school, scared of what may have happened, especially after all the rumors going around. It can't be good.

The hall slowly clears, i then notice most people have headed outside. I look for the nearest exit and step out. My worst nightmare, came true. I knew we were going to war.

There in front of me stands Voldemort and the rest of the death eaters, holding up a girl, which I assume is a Hufflepuff by her robe, with a wand pointed to her neck. No one is moving, or saying a thing, we are all frozen, stood in shock.

They only react once the Hufflepuff's body drops dead to the floor, then people start taking action. Yes, the school may have more people but the death eaters sure do know to put up a fight.

I look around trying to find someone I know, someone that could stand by me. No one. I can't see anyone.

That's when I remember, Mattheo is a death eater, he isn't on our side, I'm fighting against him. I don't want to fight against him. I want him here. Comforting me. Telling me it's going to be fine, although that's not the case, I just need him. Here, with me.

Spells are being cursed into the air as the chaos grows. In the middle of the chaos, there was him. Our eyes meet and we both know we need each other. Only then I noticed he was on our side, he was fighting with us, because of me.

My heart almost bursts but now isn't the time. Mattheo stands next to me, we both have our wands out in case of any death eaters.

I try to think positive during all of this. We were okay before, we will be okay after. I keep on repeating that but I never fully believe it.

Mattheo puts his hand on my lower back and pushes me behind him, Bellatrix is attacking us. I am so thankful he was there or I would have most likely already been dead.

He manages to buy some time as he continues fighting. In between spells he says "Emma go, now! I'll find you later I promise" I have to trust his words, and I do.

I run off, praying nothing will happen to him. No one is around, not Pansy, not Theodore, I wish they where but I'm alone now. I just hope they are all okay.

I close my eyes and take a deep, shaky breath.

That was one of the biggest mistakes I made. I should have had my eyes open, I should have been aware of my surroundings. Those few seconds could have cost me my life.

Two death eaters, I can't make out their faces, are grabbing onto my arms. I try to escape their grasps but it's useless. Something touches my chin, causing me to look up.

Voldemort, with his wand up against my chin, an evil grin spread on his face as he laughs, getting ready to cast out a spell.

"Crucio" he says without any hesitation. That is one of the most painful spells ever known, oh shit, it isn't going to take long to kick in.

Tears form but I don't feel anything. I slowly open my eyes, confused.

When I realized what happened, it felt like a bullet rip straight through the heart.