Chapter 1

"All you are is pathetic. You know that right?" The queen bitch of our school asked. Her name was Juliana Beck and I don't see how she can live herself. She's gorgeous of course, with blonde hair,green eyes, and perfect clean face. She was with her other friends Katie and Rose. Her loyal followers. "You're a waste of a human being."

"Yeah she is!" Katie says. Katie is also gorgeous but not as gorgeous as Juliana. Katie as Brown hair and bright blue eyes with a fake tan.

"You tell her Julie!" Rose instigates. Rose is also pretty. Rose has jet black hair and has a natural tan due to her being part Indian. She has high cheek bones and dark Brown eyes.

"Leave me alone." I whimper.

"So it speaks! Ha!" Juliana laughs humorlessly. "Okay so listen here and listen good. I'm tried of you always getting in my way of things."

"What do you mean?" I ask looking down at my new white Converse and watch as a tear plops on my left shoe.

"You know what I mean. Valevictorian? Yeah. I've worked my ass off for that title and I will NOT let a pathetic bitch stop me from getting it. Now its time to teach you a lesson." Juliana's lips curl into a cruel looking smile. "Lets have fun shall we girls?"

"Yeah!" Rose and Katie say in unison.

Juliana slaps me on my cheek and then turns to Katie. Katie steps up and slaps my other cheek. She looked at Rose and Rose starts to punch me in the face until they hear another voice.

"Hey stop! Leave her the fuck alone!" A girl yells. I look up and see a girl seething with rage. She walks towards Juliana and punches her in the face. Juliana stumbles to the floor while her minions run as fast as they can in heels to help her.

"If I see you mess with her again this won't be the last time you see me!" Juliana and her followers run away not even looking back.

"Are you okay?" the girl asks while she holds her hand for me to take it. I was hesitant on whether I should take it or not. "Come on. I'm not going to hurt you."

"Okay," I sighed. "I was fine. You know- back there. I could've handled it."

"Sure," She said sarcastically.

"Really. I could've..." I trailed.

"I'm Rocky." She told me.

"Taryn," I stated.

"Why we're you just standing there?" She asked.

"Pardon?"

"Why didn't you defend yourself?" I just shrugged. Truth is that I'm afraid too.

"You need to stop ignoring how all those people treat you. You need to learn how to defend yourself. You're like a doormat and you're letting all those people step on you. So if you agree, I can help you." Rocky negotiated. She was right. I do need to know how to defend myself. I need to stand up and change how the rest of my senior year will go.

"Ok. I'll do it." I replied earning a smile from Rocky.

"Let's rock this bitch." She said fist pumping in the air.