Chapter 7

"I don't want to be just your friend. I actually want to court you."

Those words keeps playing in my head over and over again. He made it clear when he dropped me off my unit last Friday. No rush. Just think it over. Think over what?

Okay. I admit, I have a crush on him even before I know he was the Shaun Legaspi. I mean, Atty. Legaspi was handsome when he was young and Dra. Miguel-Legaspi was also a beauty when she was young which as a matter of fact can still be seen until now. So I don't really have to worry on how does their kids look like cause I have that inkling feeling that they are both handsome. I am particularly intrigued with Shaun's as his dad often said that he was a psychiatrist and a licensed psychometrician. Like who would not fall in love with a brain like him. I even teased him during an team building activity that I think I might fall in love with that son if he continuously build him up like that.

Wait. Is that the reason why Shaun said those things? His dad told him that is why his whole family were teasing me during his mom's birthday?

"Eli, we need to talk. Let's eat outside." Amy said with conviction.

Huh? Bakit? As much as I avoid eating out during lunch time since I don't like mingling with people, parang I am left with no choice since the tone of Amy's voice is so serious.

Did she perhaps remembered or knew that it was her crush who helped us out before? Also, I am not sure how will she react if she knows what Shaun told me.

"So?" I asked as I am eating kimchi rice. Shoot. The kimchi and the egg is so perfect today. Plus the fried meat on the side really complement the spiciness of the kimchi.

"What is it this rumor circling around the office?" Amy asked. Au even paused from eating and looked at me.

"What the hell did Philip told you?" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Philip also knew this?" Amy asked in shock.

"Hold up. What the hell are you talking about?"

"Well, there is a rumor that you already have a boyfriend and you apparently go on a grocery date with him last Friday." It was Au who answered.

Urgh. Dani. No wait. Amanda was also there and the rest of Treasury team.

"It wasn't a date. It was merely a potential sideline." I said dismissively. There is no way I will tell them about Shaun. Especially now that they are making this a big issue. Plus the fact that Amy also has a huge crush on him. And let me also add that the last time Shaun and I talk was last Friday without any hi or hello over the weekend. I am not really expecting anything. It is just that, is this the new courting trend? You said that you want to court someone and then you ghost them for 2 days? Like what the hell is that?

"Sideline? What? Are you going for Onlyfans or Sugar Baby?"

Boombastic side-eye. What the hell Aurora?

"Maybe if they won't increase our salary this year considering the current financial situation and the contribution we made. And if I got too tired to look for a new employer or if I get too desperate to get the hell out of this country," I said as a matter of fact and as a joke.

Thank God nobody asked anymore question regarding that event. I was about to let it slip off my mind except that my phone rang just as I was turning off my laptop and I am stupid enough to not look on who is calling.

"Hey! Dinner?"

My heart just went wild and I look at the caller ID to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

It was him.