The Village Hidden in the Leaves

Comenzar desde el principio

Sasuke was perched up in a tree, staring down at... Could it truly be? Staring at who I immediately recognized as Gaara. Gaara had grown so much. He was no longer a scared little boy. He was strong and impossibly cold-hearted. I again tried to reach his mind, as I once attempted so many years ago, but there was nothing.

Reluctantly, I pushed away thoughts of Gaara, despite that that was who Sasuke was focused on. Instead, I picked through Sasuke's memory to find out about the mysterious blonde haired boy that was obviously emanating the scent of a nine-tailed fox. I discovered, with a mixture of surprise and horror, that the boy had a nine-tailed fox sealed inside of him.

Veske cleared his throat loudly, snapping me out of Sasuke's mind. I vowed to myself that I'd find both Gaara and the blonde haired boy after I finished my business with the Hokage. "Yes?" I asked coolly, as though nothing had transpired. This kid has issues, he assumed.

"You just stopped randomly."

"I thought I heard something but it was nothing. Let us continue." He nodded sharply and kept walking. It was a good half hour before we reached the Hokage.

"Veske, who is this?" the old man demanded, staring at me while smoking a pipe. The red outfit gave away his powerful position.

"Lord Hokage, this girl snuck into this village acting like a sick and weak civilian. She fooled both Chiruaya and I. I discovered her over a half hour ago in the shopping plaza. She claims to be a lone ninja, saying that no village has ever claimed her."

"Ah, but who is she?"

"Nari Ninetails," I answered for Veske. The Hokage glared at me with disbelief. I discovered in his mind that he knew about nine-tailed ninja and the pact that had been made with the nine-tailed foxes long ago. He also realized, that if no village had ever claimed me, then the Hidden Leaf Village must have broken that pact. What is your age? he asked in a silent matter, already knowing that I could read minds. "Fourteen," I replied.

"Sir?" Veske asked, already lost.

"Leave us," the Hokage ordered. Veske hesitated but did as he was bid.  "What are your demands?" he asked. I stepped back, not expecting that. My demands? "You do have demands, don't you?" he said, noting my hesitance.

"Actually, I didn't expect to meet you so no, not really."

"Then why are you in my village?"

"Um... The Chuunin Exams. I came to watch the Chuunin Exams and try to sneak my way in." The Hokage saw through my lie but said nothing. I saw in his mind that there was no way I could possibly get into the Chuunin Exams but he was, surprisingly, willing to make me a ninja of his village after all. He'd want me tested but I could handle that. I was a strong kid with some extreme abilities. "I'd be honored to accept your offer," I said, almost to tears. This was my biggest dream. To just have one place to call home, one government to follow, one culture to learn. I loved it!

"I thought you might be," he muttered. "I'm sending you to one of my most gifted jonin to test your strength." I nodded in understanding. "Let Veske in." I did as I was bid and Veske came in prepared to fight. He hadn't anticipated that we might actually get along. "Take Nari to Kakashi," the Hokage ordered.