Chapter Two - The Old Life I Abandoned

Începe de la început

"No," Hunter's breath began to go how it was when he woke up. "It can't be. It can't." His jaw startled to rattle.

"Apparently, it can."

Hunter's paranoia was broken by a surge of shock right after he heard the mysterious feminine voice sound behind him. Yet, when he turned, he saw nothing but the darkest corner of the room. From what he remembered, a comfortable chair was there the last time. Maybe it still is, he just couldn't see it because of how dark it was.

His suspicion turned out to be true when he noticed a lamp being turned on, lighting up the corner, and it revealed a figure that Hunter was not at all expecting. The short orangish-red hair, the mint green eyes behind her round glasses. That figure was Lilith Clawthorne, which gave Hunter a more disbelieving look. 'So someone did turn on the orb.'

"Miss Lilith?"

"Hello... Hunter." Lilith greeted with a slight smile. "It's been quite a while."

"What the," He stuttered. "What are you doing here? What time is it?"

"Eight," Lilith replied.

"Okay?" Hunter raised a brow at her. "That doesn't explain why you're creepily sitting in the corner, here, at this time of night." He said, approaching her. "Why are you here?"

Lilith's eyes departed from studying Hunter's, now looking at the orb. She gestured her head towards it, "That."

Hunter looked back at the news broadcast, seeing another footage of Belos' attack, this time from another angle. It showed Belos still chasing after Gus and Hunter. The two were obscured from the footage, however.

"What even happened?"

"That's what we're trying to figure out." Lilith reply.

Hunter turned to her again, "'We?'"

"You must be very confused right about now," Lilith said.

"Obviously," Hunter said. "And what do you mean, 'we?'"

"I can explain a few things," Lilith then stood up from the corner chair. "That is if you come with me." She continued, going straight for the door.

"Where?" Hunter asked.

"Out," Lilith summoned her palisman, her staff appearing in her hand.

"Wait," His plea stopped Lilith. "What day is it?"

"Sunday?"

So, Hunter figured that the current day was the same day he passed the placement exam, and the same day he and Gus were attacked by what he remembered to be a resurrected Belos. But if that's the case, tomorrow should be a Monday. He recollected Bump saying that he'll 'start tomorrow,' which would mean that tomorrow will be his first day.

"I can't go now!"

"Why not?" Lilith asked.

"It's a... school night," Hunter smirked nervously.

He noticed Lilith's rapid blink that expressed her confusion, "It's a what?"

'Right. She doesn't know.' Hunter thought. "I enrolled into Hexside."

"Since when?" Lilith asked.

"Earlier today! I passed the placement exam!"

Lilith would understand since Hexside was her primary education until she joined the Emperor's Coven. "Oh," Although slightly dumbstruck, Lilith wasn't at all fazed. She still had her priorities, and she had to focus on it. "Doesn't matter."