T H I R T Y F O U R

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I know you wouldn't," He smiles, sitting down on the bed next to me. He looks around my room, and eventually his eyes land on the red book on my bed. "What are you reading?"

"A book for school," I explain, pulling it toward us. "Not exactly the most interesting thing, but, I have to read it I guess."

"I never read the books they assign," He tells me, taking the book from my hand. "I don't do homework at all really."

"Do you not get cold called in your classes?" I ask, watching as his eyebrows scrunch together a couple of seconds later. "Where they randomly call on you asking for answers to the homework?"

He shakes his head, "No. They don't even really check." He puts the book on my nightstand. "Then again, I could be in some of the stupid classes."

"Hey, I'm in one of your classes," I tell him with a playful glare.

"That's not the one I was talking about," He says with a chuckle.

"You're not stupid Paul."

He hums, "But you're smarter." He tucks some hair behind my ear, his eyes studying every inch of my face. "You look pretty."

"Thanks," I say with a smile. "You always tell me that."

"And I always will." I try my hardest not to squeal, as he looks down at his lap like it was no big deal. God he's so good with his words. How does he always know how to make me feel special? "I was gonna call, but, it probably would've been late. And I was right by here so I thought I'd quickly stop by."

"That's okay," I tell him, "You can stop by whenever."

"I don't want to stay too long, I'm on your dad's good side for once. I don't wanna fuck it up," He explains with a chuckle.

"I locked the door," I explain. "He would never know you were here."

He nods, "I can also hear him, he's in his room. Talking to someone on the phone."

"Really?" I ask, trying to listen to what Paul was hearing. I couldn't. "I can't believe how good your hearing is."

"Yeah, I can hear practically everything," He explains. Just then he remembered something, and he looks around my room. He stands quickly, and walks over to my old radio. He switches it on, and then turns around to face me again. "That reminded me that you live with a wolf now."

Jacob. He could potentially hear us.

"Right," I say, and he returns back to his old spot. The light music held the place of the silence between us. It was nice, I haven't used that thing in years.

I could tell he was deep in thought. So in depth, that he looked like it was pretty serious.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask, causing him to blink a couple of times.

"Remember the other day? Right before Jake interrupted us?" He asks, glancing up at me.

He was talking about when I said I wanted to kiss him.

"Y-Yeah," I say shyly.

"It was on my mind for, the next day and a half," He explains, playing with his fingers. "Remind me, have you kissed anyone before?"

"Just Embry," I tell him again, "But it was for like three seconds tops. And it was only a peck."

He hums, "Do you think Embry counts that as his first kiss?"

"Probably not," I laugh. "It was so quick and pathetic. I don't think anyone would count that honestly." I turn to face him, resting my leg in between us on the bed. "Who was your first kiss?"