Chapter 13: An outcast once again

Start from the beginning

His frown became a twisted smirk of amusement. "I've been told before and I still won't listen."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Whatever. At least try and be less hostile towards each other if that's at all possible. I swear, sometimes you two look like you want to strangle each other."

He shook his head darkly. We were now making our way up the moving staircases. "And someday it just might come to that."

I shrugged casually. "You aren't even going to give it a shot?"

"I'm protecting him for Lily," he stated firmly. "And that's it. I'm not looking for any kind of friendship between me and that snot nosed brat in the slightest amount."

"I believe i've told you how stubborn you are before, haven't I?" I questioned sarcastically.

Amusement and sarcasm dripped in Snape's tone. "Yes, many times. and you've also told me how you're madly in love with me and that you couldn't live without me, even if you tried."

I laughed, pinching his arm lightly. "I did not."

"So it isn't true then?" He questioned, smirking mischievously.

"I wouldn't say that..." I implied, throwing him a coy little smile of invitation.

Suddenly I felt myself being pushed up against the stair railing, Severus's lips just barely brushing against mine. My breath hitched in the back of my throat and I instantly responded by moving my mouth to the nonexistent rhythm of his.

"What the fuck?!" A voice from in front of us suddenly shouted out in surprise.

Our heads jerked up in unison at the sudden outburst. I met eyes with none other than Ron Weasley, light shining brightly from the tip of his wand. And he looked absolutely furious, his face going red as an apple.

"R-Ron? Fourth years should be in their beds by this time. What are you doing out so late?" I stammered, feeling my hair go a dark shade of hot pink.

"I should ask the same of you," he snarled, glaring down at the both of us from where he stood on the stairs. "Fooling around with- with Snape!"

We both opened our mouths to reply, but he stormed off towards Gryffindor tower in a huff. I could almost see the steam coming out his ears as he went.

"Dunderhead." Snape muttered under his breath.

I turned back to him and sighed in frustration. "I have to go sort things out. I'm sorry."

"No, it's my fault." He said, caressing my cheek lovingly with the back of his hand. I leaned into his touch slightly. "I should have been more careful."

I gave him a lingering kiss on the cheek. "It takes two. And I'll see you tomorrow then. Okay?"

He nodded sullenly. "Alright."

"I love you." I said.

Then, before he could even have time to reply, I dashed up the stairs after Ron. I swallowed, praying to god he hadn't told anybody else just yet.

I found him, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George and Neville sitting on the couch in the common room. And from the looks of shock on their faces, I knew he had already told them his findings. Then they saw me, boring holes into my very being as they glared angrily. All except for Neville and the twins. They only looked away.

"Guys, I thought--" I began before being cut off by Harry.

"How long?" He demanded. "How long have you been sleeping with him?"

My eyes widened in shock and anger. "Dude! I never slept with him."

"But you're planning to, right? God that's disgusting, Ester. We could put up with you being his friend, but this is just sick." Hermione accused harshly.

"Stop it, you guys! Stop! Why do you care what I do anyways?" I pleaded, my voice cracking in anger.

"Are you kidding me?" Ron shouted, stamping his foot to the ground. "You're a slut! You're whoring around with a school teacher. Not to mention the fact that he's a full blown death eater!"

I stepped back, completely and utterly shocked. That couldn't be true. They were only messing with me. Maybe...

"What?!" I shrieked suddenly, rage boiling up in the pit of my stomach. "You're lying, Ron! Severus would never- I mean, he- he would tell me... Right?"

Ginny scowled at me in annoyance. "Of corse he wouldn't, Ester. Your just his play thing."

Alright. That was the final straw. I could feel the angry tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. I quickly wiped them away before anyone could see. "Stop it, all of you. It isn't like that. Severus said he loved me. He- he would never side with you-know-who. He's too good for that."

"He's evil and you know it, Ester! Open up your fucking eyes!" Hermione snarled. I had never seen her get so nasty like this before.

"No wait, maybe she's also joined the death eaters! She's just covering for him." Harry accused, shoving a finger in my face.

Not feeling as if I could hold back the tears anymore, I raced up to my dorm and flopped down onto the bed. I stuffed my face into the pillow to muffle my large cries of agony. Then I heard a faint knock at the door.

"Go away." I sniffed.

The door creaked open slightly, allowing a small beam of light to flood the room.

"Go away!" I growled, this time hostility showing through in my tone.

The three figures in the doorway stayed still, their eyes boring holes into my back.

"I think it's cool." Fred's voice sounded out.

"Yeah. We're on your side." Neville agreed.

George nodded his head and grinned. "Don't believe a word they say. My brother, Ronny Ickle Kins, is just being a dick."

More tears came then, causing my mascara to go runny. I forced a tiny smile to show them I was okay. "Thank you guys."

When they left, I sighed loudly and trudged my way into the bathroom where I splashed a douse of cold water onto my face. I was very thankful to know who my true friends were, but I also knew that by morning the whole Gryffindor house would most likely know my dirty little secret. And I would be an outcast again, just like at my old school back home.

At least it was nice to feel accepted in a place where I actually belonged while it lasted. I would miss it.