Home

My name is Alexa Gilbert

My name is Alexa Gilbert. Sister of Miranda Gilbert and Jenna Sommers. I was on my way back to see my niece and nephew, Elena and Jeremy. I haven't seen them since Miranda and Grayson's funeral. It was too hard for me, but I feel I was selfish to leave my little sister to look after her niece and nephew when she was young.

I was in the car driving to Mystic Falls, Virginia. The place where I grew up. I remember everything but mostly my family. Never in a million years would I think of coming back here, but I need to help Jenna. I need to make sure that Elena and Jeremy are okay too, I bet it was traumatising for a seventeen year old to witness her parents die in front of her.

We lived on 2104 Maple Street, the house where I had the best and worst memories. I pulled into the driveway and sighed, whispering to myself that I can do this. I opened the car door and stepped out. Shutting the door, I slowly walked up the stairs getting closer to the door. Reaching the door, I lifted my arm anxiously and took a deep breath, knocking on the door.

Silence. I knocked again. I heard shuffling and footsteps. I smiled to myself knowing exactly who it was. Just the same as I remembered. Jenna.
'Coming, just a second!' Shouted Jenna hurriedly.

I waited patiently, taking deep breaths to calm myself down.

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐝? 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞? 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟-

The door opens mid-thought and I stand frozen on the porch in fear.

'H- Lexi?' Jenna stopped mid-sentence shocked thinking she'd never see her sister again but here she was, in front of her.

Her sister. Her role model, cheerleader, shoulder to cry on. Jenna was always closest to Alexa more than Miranda because they were close in age and liked the same things. But one thing Jenna wasn't good at that Alexa was good at was cooking. She admits it herself that she's terrible.

Jenna remembered when they were kids and she nearly burned down the kitchen trying to make toast. Yeah. Let's just say that she was never allowed to step into the kitchen ever again. Even Elena and Jeremy would agree that Jenna was a terrible cook, but they had Elena to thank for food. Despite that, they loved Jenna, she was always there for them whenever they needed advice, a shoulder to cry on, company but never for food.

'Jen.' I smiled nervously. I was terrified, so many thoughts inside my head making me go crazy.

𝐎𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐝, 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞!

I was wrong.
Jenna came running at me and squeezed me so tightly that I felt that my bones were going break. I hugged her back just as tightly. The hug felt different. A good different. It felt like she never wanted to let go just in case it was a dream.

I pulled away from the hug and looked at her face. She looked the same. The beautiful hazel eyes that reminded me of our mother. The curly shoulder length strawberry-blonde hair that made her look beautiful. She was 5''6 and I was 5''8.

'I- missed you, Lexi, so much.' Jenna said looking at me like I was a ghost. I smiled at her but mostly the nickname.

'I missed you too, Jen.'

'What are you doing here? Not that I don't want you here, it just that you were gone for 7 months. S-.' Jenna began rambling.

'Jen! Calm down, honey. To answer your question, I'm here to stay for you and our niece and nephew. They need us and I feel like it's my duty as your older sister to look after you and them. So, please, calm down.' I reassured Jen and rubbed her arm.

Jen smiled back after taking a deep breath telling her to come inside. She missed her so much.

Lexi was always the responsible one. Had everything done on time, best cook (after our mother), clean, good style in clothes. She would make such a good mum. She knows what to do, how to calm people down. It was like an aura that she had that invited everyone in. Lexi was everyone's safe place and without her, everything falls apart. It felt like home when everyone was together. Jenna thought whiilst Lexi was talking about her past 7 months away from home.
She missed this.
𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞.

A/N: I edited this chapter because i felt like it was so bad and rushed. So here you go guys. I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a long time. It's because of exams and revision. Please vote and share and follow me on my ig and tiktok: Svraheditz and Ingrid_Dravula.

Word count: 831