ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Oh sorry.." I touched my temples "Devi ithu Megha, enga office la thaa work pandra.." I said to Devi "And Megha, this is my wife Sreedevi" I said with a smile.

Megha's mouth went wide open and her face lost her colours. Her friends were looking at her with a shocked face. Devi was confused seeing their shocked faces. I wrapped my hand around her shoulder and pulled her from there.

I wonder where this Reba is.

Reba

Shit I am late.

I checked the watch rushing towards the elevator trying not to trip on my heels. I waited patiently for the elevator to reach down and entered in once it was opened. I pressed the 10th floor and sighed holding the gift in my hand. I checked at myself in the mirror and smiled. Long maroon dress, curled hair and minimal makeup looked quite good on me. I am excited for the party as I am gonna see him after two weeks.

The last time I saw him was on the other day at Juhu beach when he was sad. I have never seen him sad or sharing his worries but he did on that day. He told me about the little misundersating he had with his friend. I was surprised he said that to me.

He saw Rohan with me. Noone other than Tanya knows about him. People easily show sympathy and I hate it. I was worried that Ajay would see him with me and would feel pity for him, but Ajay was admiring him. It just increased the feelings and respect I have for him.

The elevator door opened, I checked myself once more before rushing to Devadarshini maam's apartment in the corner. I breathed in and out and pressed the calling bell. Devadarshini maam opened the door. She beamed at me and invited me inside. She went to the other side when someone called her. I scanned my eyes around the hall looking for him among the familiar and non familiar faces there.

Someone passed by holding a tray of juices and gave me a glass. I smiled at him and sipped the juice and walked to the other side of the house. Megha and her friends were standing by a corner discussing something serious. Their faces showed that they were talking about something they disliked.

"Hey ava paaka romba azhaga vera irukka dii" I heard one of her friend saying irritatedly.

Oh again! What else would they dislike other than a girl beautiful than them? I wonder about whom they are talking.

I saw Ajay standing by the dining table looking at the painting in the wall. I smiled involuntarily and I am walking towards him without even my knowledge. He tilted his head and saw me standing right beside him. He smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Hey Reba"

"Haii Ajay.. How are you"

"I am good.." He smiled "How are you? Brother epdi irukaan?"

"Nalla irukaan.. Avana convince panni party ku vara thaa late aachu.. Kooda varanum nu ore adam" I said

He smiled. "Namma case la jeyichitom" he said.

My mouth went wide in surprise. "Really? Athukullaya?"

"Yeah athu case kuduthuvanga fake nu kandupudichtanga" he said.

"Ohh so we are back to work?" I asked smiling.

"I guess so" he said with a smile.

My happiness knew no bounds at the moment. I can go back to work now everyday. I can see him and try to talk to him everyday.

I kept looking at him while he sipped the juice in his hands. He was looking around the room, my eyes were fixed on his eyes. I wonder how effortlessly a person can give butterflies without even doing anything. He doesn't need to  do anything to give me butterflies.