8. 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

"What happened?" he asked.

"I received a call from the hospital this morning. I had applied for a one-month workshop before starting my house job..." She knew he had no objections. He had always been supportive of her education and career, but she felt hesitant, perhaps because of their new relationship or his demeanor.

"Just because our relationship has changed, I have no right to stop you from pursuing your goals. I've been and will always be by your side" he replied politely, making her wonder if he had always been like this, or if she was only noticing now.

"And here, take this" he handed her a credit card from his wallet. Before she could object, he continued, "Don't. You are my responsibility now."

She responded with a faint smile.
"Take care of yourself" he said, kissing her forehead before leaving the room. She touched her forehead, her heart racing. Indeed a morning with shocks.

"Don't stress about the business. Inform me if anything important comes up" Almir told his father and chachu. It was a significant responsibility to handle pressure of work at his age, but it was important for him and Malik's busniess.

Ahmad and Faiq Malik patted Almir on the shoulder. They cherished nothing more than having respectful children, and they considered themselves fortunate.

Breakfast was a family affair. Ayla sat in her usual place between Zoniya and Fatima. Almir felt a bit disappointed that she wasn't sitting next to him. Throughout the meal, Fatima, Zoniya, and Saad exchanged glances, leaving Ayla with a flushed face. Ali, who joined later, couldn't resist making comments about the new couple, despite Almir's disapproving looks and glares.

After breakfast, it was time for Almir's flight. He met his family, received their blessings, and was about to get into the car when he suddenly paused. He turned around, and there she was, standing at the door. They exchanged smiles, and butterflies fluttered in their stomachs.

The magic of their Nikkah. By saying yes and signing a paper, relation changes, you feel different towards your partner no matter how close you were or never met. There's a beautiful spark, a purity in nikkah.

Later that day, Ayla spent quality time with her family, conversing, eating, gathering her workshop documents, and finally, retiring to bed after evening prayers.

Next day:

The sun's rays disturbed her slumber, and she pulled the comforter over her face, only to be awakened again by her alarm. She reached for her phone and switched it off. She lay in bed for a few more minutes, checking her phone and found a message from Almir, sent about half an hour ago.

Almir: Reached. All the best✨🫂

A smile crept across her face reading a message.  He had given her priority. Competing messages or telling about each other, something they hadn't done much as cousins.

Ayla: Thank you 😊

A moment later, she added another message:

Ayla: Take care ✨

Placing her phone on the bed, she made her way to the restroom. After a refreshing shower, she returned to her room in a bath robe, hair wrapped in a towel, and applied moisturizer to her body, relishing the routine.

She chose to wear a white and purple floral kurta with white trousers, accentuating her fair complexion. She  applied sunscreen, mascara, and a nude lipstick, following the professional norm of avoiding heavy makeup, especially for doctors. Taking white coat, stethoscope, a file, and her handbag, she headed downstairs.