☙𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑯𝑬𝑨𝑹𝑻𝑺❧

Start from the beginning

Ruby smiled, "Really?"

"Yeah, I mean, Andy and Ellie are riding together, and so are Willie and Alex. So I figured we shouldn't be left out." Reggie said, and Ruby giggled, nodding.

"Good point," Ruby said.

"Ready to go?" Reggie said, and Ruby nodded.

"Yup," Ruby said. Then Reggie stuck out his arm, and Ruby grabbed it.

"Our chariot awaits," Reggie says, and Ruby laughs.

༺♔༻

"Well, if it isn't Mal looking like some kind of princess!" Snow White smiled at the camera. "Now, let's see who the beauty is wearing..." Someone handed her a blue index card. "Evie! Someone named Evie designed her gown."

Ben and Andy took their date hands as they walked up the stairs of the cathedral while the trumpets blared on both sides of them. Belle and Adam were waiting for the four on the stairway, hearing the crowd cheer.

The two couples approached the two, and as they did, Mal and Ellie bowed for them.

"About the other day...we just-" Mal said.

"I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy." Adam gave her a soft smile.

"You also taught me that kings have to believe in themselves." Ben reminded him. "Even when it isn't easy." He added.

"I did?" Adam asked, but Belle elbowed him. "How very wise of me." He said, causing Belle to shake her head softly with a slight eye roll.
Belle took her son's hands in hers.

"Ben, we are very proud of you. You keep listening to your heart." Belle smiled as Mal and Andy frowned for two different reasons.

"Thanks, mom." Ben smiled.

"You will make fine a king." Adam smiled at his eldest son.

"Thanks, Pops." Ben smiled at him as his brother was breaking inside.

Ellie squeezed Andy's hand to give him some comfort. He turned to her and gave her a weak smile, which broke her heart. She knew Andy was struggling with the whole situation, and she had no idea how to help him.

"Wish me luck." Ben smiled at Mal, then his brother.

"Good luck, bro," Andy said, trying to support his brother.

Before Mal could answer, two attendants came and offered his hand. Mal smiled at Ben before walking to the cathedral with Andy and Ellie. It was time the coronation had begun.

Other attendants at the main doors opened them for the future kings. Ben walked down the aisle as he did; the audience bowed for him. Mal watched the boys from the front row as Evie, Jay, and Carlos, who held Dude, looked down from the balcony.

Ruby was in the front row beside Reggie, his parents, Willie, and his mother. Mirana had told Willie to invite Ruby to stand with them as she was family. Something made Ruby happy to feel like she belonged somewhere.

Ben moved closer to the stage, but as he passed Mal, he sent her a smile. The girl smiled at him, but as he went ahead, her smile fell, and a saddened expression appeared. Ruby looked at the purple-haired girl, feeling sorry for her as she knew that what she was about to do would ruin everything.