CHAPTER 1

*All rights are reserved by ME*

--Please do not try to copy, translate, distribute on other sites, etc.--

*please, don't steal my work!*

Copyright © 2023 Samara Taylor.

I hope you enjoy my writing❤️

--------------------------------------------------------

GABRIELLA

"Please keep the change. Enjoy your day." I told the cab driver to arrive soon and sped up for the main gate.

"Why did I get out of bed so late!?" after the guards verified my identity and let me inside, I fretted to myself.

"Woah!" I gasped. "Are you telling me that, that's something i would see every day!!?" the idea of attending classes on this campus made my tummy flutter with butterflies.

The aisle was bordered by various flowers; i recognized each one of them like a piece of cake. Sunflowers, hydrangeas, lilies, lavenders, daisies and many more. This location had already won my heart.

I turned and crossed the path, coming face to face with the enormous structure across from me. "So, glassy, here I am prepared for our first day together."
It was predominantly coated in black and blue glasses, suggesting why I termed it glassy. From the outside, it appeared to be completely dark but translucent inside.

I searched for the Dean's office to submit some paperwork. Considering the vastness of the campus and the mere fact that I had been meandering aimlessly throughout it for the last 30 minutes, I was still having trouble finding the office.

"Pardon me? Could you tell me where the dean's office is?" I inquired to a female. She gave me a blank look at first, but shortly after a brief interval, she slightly nodded.

"It's a little intricate, so I'll take you there." She gestured in the other direction indicating me to follow.

"Are you new around here? Thank you for accompanying me, by the way. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Gabriella. You can call me, Gabby." I reeled out as I extended my palm skywards in an offering.

She bit her bottom lip, which was an obvious indication of just how nervous she was, apparently she held my hand in hers and shook it with a crooked smile, "I'm Lily."

"Nice to meet you, Lily." She gradually relaxed her quivering hand just as I beamed warmly.

Lily had large glasses obscuring her amber eyes, whose edges were thickly rimmed which accentuated her off-putting demeanor. She had frizzy, shoulder-length brunette hair. My attention drifted to her pallid face before it turned to her slender figure. She was undoubtedly intelligent because she presented me with an appearance of being one of the 'toppers of the class'.

"So, how are things? Do you enjoy being here? Fortunately, I contend that this place is fantastic. Did you see the manner in which the blooms encompass every square inch within that area? Gosh! I'm looking forward to it. Oh, I'm sorry; I didn't even let you talk. Tell me about yourself, too." I babbled while jutting out my tongue as I grasped the bag straps with both hands.

Due to personal circumstances, I was a month late. However, since I earned a first division in high school, it was effortless for me to find myself enrolled into any college or university.

My mother, Kim, was unwilling to allow me to pursue a college simply because she feared that once I did, someone would have to step in to replace me at work and we might not be capable of covering our expenses.