She simply nodded at her with a weak smile.

"We are living in the same body, for 20 years"

'20?...but I'm 19'

"I believe it high time we combined together as one spirit" she snapped her fingers as she completed her sentence.

She and the Green Spirit began to float towards the other Green Spirit, the other (GS) created a orb around them.

'What's happening?!.... what did she mean combined together?' She thought.

"You will soon find out" she answered.

Lightning striking at them from their insides, she (M) screamed in a agonizing pain. The other (GS) held the orb making it to glow, the mark glowed brightly than the glowing orb. She (M) and the Green Spirit were merging together slowly as their marks began to glow, she (M) screamed and screamed till her voice become hoarse, thier heads touched each other and slowly merging. This continued until they were merged together as one.

Mgbenago's soul was screaming for help as the pain was unbearable. The other (GS) slowly disappeared, and she (M) fell deeper into the void.

>> Time Skip (still in the void) >>

It's been more than 12 hours since her soul was combined and the pain hasn't died down, she was crying from the unbearable pain.
.
.
.
.
It's been 3 days in the void and the pain was still unbearable.
.
.
.
.
A whole month passed by and the pain was still there.

>> 3 Months later >>

4 straight months passed by and the pain was slowly dying, she was feeling a bit better.
.
.
.
.
>> 2 weeks later >>
She was feeling better as the pain was finally gone, she slowly got up back on her feet.

She spent 4 months, 2 weeks, 3 days and 12 hours in that void.

Her eyes were heavy and dizzy, she closed her...

>> Back to the life (i guess) >>

She opened her eyes. She was back to her room, her african world. She quickly turned to a sound of basin and maids gasping. They were shaking as if they saw a ghost, one of them ran out of the room but she was dragged back by Mgbenago's hair and their mouths was sealed by it.
"Why are you shaking?" She (M) asked.
They were silent...
"I only fell unconscious for a few days" she said looking confused, "so why are you..."
She was interrupted by the sound of a horn from the large window, she turned her head to the window to hear the sound of celebration.
"What day is this?" She released one of the maids mouth.
"S..Spring Ceremony" she answered.
"Oh..."she relaxed a bit, 'so I'm unconscious for the past 5 months'. She attempted to get up from her bed, she got up on her feet and walked towards them. She froze for a quick moment and looked at her legs, she didn't collapsed unlike the first time, she shook her head to reality and faced up at the maids.
"Prepare my attire while i take my bath" she turned to the bathroom, she took few steps before turning her head at them, "do not inform anyone about me yet, do you understand?"
They nodded and bowed in reply.
"Good..."

>> Time Skip >>

With the help from them, she was ready for the festival, they opened the door before her and walked behind her.
They walked down the hallway that lead outside the palace, where the celebration was held. Some servants and guards passing were shocked to see, they bowed before her and she excused them. As they were walking together she spot a familiar face - The Seer.

"I've been waiting for you child.." he smiled
'He looks much older than i remember' she thought before responding to him, "Good day Seer" she bowed.
"I believe you heading towards the festival" he concluded.
"Yes, its been 3 years since i was away from FEWA Tribe" she smiled.
"Wait, what do you mean?" He asked, "how long do you think you spent unconscious on the bed?"
She looked at him confused, "when i arrived back home, the spring festival was in 5 months away, so i regained my consciousness today.... so it's been five months".
Both he and the maids were shocked.
"Mgbenago listen....you have been..." he was interrupted by the sound from horn, this time it was louder than before.
She walked past him before bowing, "we shall talk later, the festival has just begin". She left and the maids followed. He tried to stop her but stopped right away.

>> A few moments later >>

She arrived at the entrance of the festival pavilions, people was cheering and dancing for the spring festival, each family carried baskets of crops, newborn animals and other resources. She was amazed at the celebration, it was more fruitful than the last festival she was here. "I missed the ancestral culture so much!", one of the maids walked forward and whispered to her ears, "May i announce your arrival to everyone?".

She looked around at the happy crowd one last time before noding. The maid went the announcer to give the word, he raised up and blew his horn, the crowd stopped.

"To the person we've all been waiting for has finally awoken and  arrived to join this spring festival" he blew his horn much louder, "May i announce, Princess Mgbenago of FEWA Empire is at the entrance!"

Zatoi, Enago, and Mkumebe jumped up from their seats in shock, the rest was dumbfounded. Some were happy and some were still figuring out if their eyes are deceiving them. She walked forward trying to smile to cover up her real expression.... concern. She sensed an expression aura from everyone ; fear, happiness, relieve, and a bit of...... anger and hatred. 'What is going on ?' She thought as she was close to the center of the pavillions.
Zatoi and Enago with Mkumebe behind also were close to the center, they saw her from a distance and waited for her to come. She soon stopped when she sensed danger by her left, she turned and saw happy and ....angry faces.
"Mgbenago!!!" Zatoi screamed.
She grabbed the assassin's incoming hand that was holding the dagger charging at her by her right without turning her head. Her eyes widen as spotted someone and her hair charged at him... at Zatoi!!

Everyone screamed, Zatoi was standing still... alive. He turned his head to see her hair was passed over his shoulder, he turned completely to see the hair also passed over Mkumebe's shoulder and his eyes widen. Mkumebe turned his head only to feel his cheek touched something sharp - a blade, there was a assassin behind him.

Her hair divided into 12 strands and capture the remaining 12 assassins among the people, she wrapped all of them in one strand.
Her eyes turned to her family, her people then back to the assassins.
She snapped her fingers and they were gone in an instant.
"Where did you sent them?" He asked. "At the dungeon..." she replied without turning her head to the Seer, "They will be interrogated once the festival is over".
She clapped at the musicians to continue, they hesitated at first but soon obeyed. The music continued, the people slowly begin to dance. She walked straight to her parents and embraced them. She felt funny strange, she felt like she just met them for the first time. Enago cried with joy "Our child has finally awoken after a long time...", "I'm so relieved you're awake, elder sister" Mkumebe smiled, "You scared us when you lost consciousness the 2nd time" Zatoi was happy and concern. "I know you're all worried for me and I'm finally awake.... after 5 months" She smiled.

They froze...

"What do you mean?... 5 months?" Zatoi was confused.
"She believes that she has been asleep for 5 months" The Seer spoke up.
She looked at them with so much confusion 'I've been for 5 months.... haven't i?' She thought.
"Let's discuss this somewhere private...." Enago Suggested.

They left the festival and went into the Royal Library, Mgbenago was feeling uncomfortable with the situation, her thoughts kept ringing 'i don't think i've been asleep for 5 months' 'is it more than that'.
"So..." she broke the silence, "can someone tell me what is going on?", they looked at each other and soon Zatoi was the only one the other three were looking at. He walked forward with a sad face, Mgbenago slowly noticed some changes... 'Wait.... he looked a bit older than before..' 'Everyone alot.... older than themselves...' Her mind kept on occupied with the thoughts. He finally spoke...

"You've been unconscious for 10 years.."

____________________________________

Thanks for reading this chapter.
Have a nice day/night
Bye 😀

Total Words: 2041.