"Are you hurt?" You asked. The words softly left your lips laced with care as though you were afraid to startle her. Taking in a deep breath of air, she "reassuringly" replied.

"I'm fine. I'll be fine." She didn't look fine. You knew she wasn't fine. That's just something people say when they don't want to talk about it. You weren't buying it.

"Wands, you're bleeding. Let me help." Again, with the pet name, this time it came out on purpose and with confidence. Please let me help. This time, she didn't respond at all. Her finger was wrapped with paper towels held on with her other shaky hand.

"I'll be right back, okay? Don't go anywhere." Placing a hand on her knee, you stood from the ground and rushed to grab some supplies, but not before pouring a glass of cold water and leaving it at Wanda's side reminding her softly to drink some. Fuelled with adrenaline, it didn't take long to gather what you thought you needed: some cotton balls, a bottle of alcohol, some gauze and a big bandaid. She found you at her side again no more than 5 minutes later.

Her previous lack in conversation gave you an idea of how she was feeling and how you would expect the rest of the interaction to go. She would sit there, trying not to pass out, while you explained to her what it was you were doing to help ease her nerves. At least, that's how you expected it to go.

At the sound of you arriving back at her side, she mustered up the strength to talk to you a little.

"I cut myself." She said as if she thougth you didn't already know.

"I can see that," You replied jokingly. She didn't quite laugh, but you chalk that up to her being caught up in the situation.

"You're an ass." You poured some alcohol onto the cotton swabs.

"Yeah, but I'm the one here making sure you don't bleed out."

"Ugh, don't say that." This time she was serious.

"Seeing my own blood makes me squeamish. The onion had slipped because my hand was wet. As soon as I felt it happen, I locked my eyes shut and covered it. Then I kinda wanted to pass out... so I sat down." Her ashamed tone didn't go unnoticed by you.

"Hey, accidents happen. Especially when you're the team's best cook using the sharpest knives in the world." It was a little bit of an exaggeration, but also, not really. She took a deep breath thinking about what you had said.

"Do you know how hard it is to find paper towels in this kitchen with your eyes closed?" She asked you humorously.

"Real-" "Pretty freakin hard Y/n" she cut you off, making you both smile. Taking a moment to think before moving forward and tending to her wound, you continued the conversation.

"Well, I'm glad I found you before It was too late." Your voice was laced with sarcasm, joking insinuating that she would have died if not for you.

"Yeah, you couldn't have gotten here ten minutes sooner?" Wanda joked back. You smacked her arm playfully and chuckled.

The rest of the time spent on the floor, you work slowly and silently trying your best not to cause any more pain or discomfort to the red head. While you work to cover her wound, reality grabbed a hold of you making you painfully aware of how you're practically holding her hand... not that it's in an overly romantic context... but still, this is the furthest you've gotten with Wanda. It sort of makes you start to sweat.

With Wanda's finger strategically cleaned and securely wrapped in a tight bandage, your focus turned from her hand to her face. Red hair flowed freely over her shoulders framing her face. Some pieces rested gently covering her eyes, the urge to tuck them away so you could see her beautiful face without distraction abruptly came over you, but you resisted not having the guts to. What really caught your attention was the way her face still hadn't found its color. She looked like a ghost.