Distracted (Natasha)

Summary: You are trying to read a book in your spare time, but Natasha keeps fixing her hair and it becomes a distraction.
———————————————————————————
"Hey hun, mind if I join you?"

You looked up from your book to glance at your girlfriend who had just walked in.

"Sure" you said simply, returning to your book.

Walking into the room, Natasha's hair was down.

Natasha sat down in the chair across from the couch you were sprawled out on, trying to focus on the book you had picked up, while she pulled out her computer and began typing away.

You weren't much of a reader, but occasionally something in you changed and you felt excited to pick up a book and just relax.

Currently you were neck deep in an exciting action scene, when something pulled your attention away from the page.

Natasha pulled both of her arms up to her head and wrapped one hand around her hair bringing it all to one side so she could actually see her computer screen.

You glanced up quickly just out of curiosity, but once you realized that it was nothing really, you returned to the page.

Natasha returned to her computer, but before long the shorter parts of her hair began to fall back over her opposite shoulder, disrupting her view of the computer's keyboard once again.

To counter this, she used her left hand to tuck her hair back behind her ear, without breaking eye contact with her computer.

You however were unable to maintain eye contact with the words on the pages before you.

You wanted to be able to pay attention to the exciting action that was taking place in your book, but whenever you noticed the flock of red move in the corner of your eye, you broke your concentration to take in the sight of your beautiful girlfriend.

After she tucked her hair behind her ear again, you lifted your head slightly and looked at her, admiring her concentration.

She sat criss cross applesauce on a large reclining chair and had her computer propped up on one of the armrests.

This was her rest day so she wore one of your hoodies, a pair of simple black leggings, and socks with rubber duckys that you got her because her feet are always cold.

As she focused hard on typing whatever it was that she was typing, she bit the inside of her cheek out of habit. Something about seeing her in this exact position made you go crazy.

Her hair is naturally curly and recently she has been trying to grow it out. She thinks it's a hassle to manage, though you find it mesmerizing. The color, the length, and the way it fit her personality so perfectly. Not to mention how much it turns you on. It always made you smile.

After a while she took a deep breath and lifted her head back to find you gazing at her from across the room.

"What?", she asked innocently.

"Nothing." You replied, shrugging your shoulders and smiling a bit.

She smiled back shortly before returning to her screen, but before she could resume her concentrated state you interrupted, "Whatcha workin on?" You asked curiously.

"Mmm, just old mission reports. Nothing exciting." She said sadly, not looking up from her screen.

Oh god, her voice. You could listen to her talk forever without any breaks. The sound of it alone could be enough to make you flustered. You got lost in her words. Unable to respond, you just kept staring.