RJ Caswen: Sweethearts Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

The second semester came as Ricky was sad to having to miss Miss Jenn and his friends in theater from the moment he left after last semester, and they would often miss him too. Even EJ was missing him for that while he was still in the theater department since he got the lead role for the spring musical. EJ had been looking out for Ricky and taking great care of him since after he made a very tough decision to quit water polo when he stepped down from being captain and passed it on to one of his (former) teammates, who was inspired by his leadership for the last couple of years. Although, a few kids from anywhere around school had been giving out odd looks to Ricky and whispered to each other the things about him, an of course, one of the teachers, Mr. Mazzara when he had a suspicious look in his eye, but Ricky would do his best to ignore what people say about him after EJ told him and some of their friends would also be around to protect him.

A while back, everyone was talking about and betting on what the gender of the baby would be when Ricky and EJ told them that they did not want to know, because they wanted to be a surprise. At the Bowen household, Mike gave the boys a spare room for them to use to decorate the baby's room while they worked hard at their jobs to make extra money and save up. However, EJ would often worry about Ricky being on his feet during his pregnancy, so he would try to tell to not work so hard and relax. With a baby bump this heavy, Ricky's back would be aching from it, but EJ would be there to help him until he got better. And they also feel the baby's kicking and other movements happening around Ricky's stomach.

Whenever Ricky relaxed at home, he would wait for EJ while he had time at rehearsals for the next play whenever he wouldn't have had a work day as he kept things in balance with his school work and job. And by the time opening night for the spring play came, Ricky was accompanied by Mike in the audience as he cheered on for his friends. After Ricky earned the best roles for the high school plays he had been in, it was finally EJ's turn to step into the spotlight as he was on stage being a star. At curtain call as the cast was taking their bows, EJ spotted Ricky, who looked at him very proudly with so much inspiration.

Ricky and EJ had a plan about going to college while they could stay home and raise their baby when they both applied to Salt Lake Community College, which they later both got accepted in. After a few years, EJ's parents came to see him and they apologized and wanted to restart their relationship with their son since after the incident. EJ was still angry at them for kicking him out of the house after he came out gay to them, but the parents explained how they had time to think everything over and they felt very terrible about disowning him. After a little while of thinking on how to forgive, EJ found it in his heart to give his parents a second chance. Sadly as for Ricky, Lynne had reached out to him and tried to apologize for not being a better mother for her son. And even if Ricky would forgive his mother, she would try to change him and make him leave EJ. But Ricky couldn't do that after he told Lynne how devastated he was since she divorced Mike and moved to Chicago, and he couldn't let her get in the way of his happiness. And it was the first and last time in forever they spoke to each other.

After getting through their senior year of high school with the pregnancy and reconciling with EJ's parents later that year, Ricky and EJ were about to graduate as the baby's due date was approaching.
---------------------------
*graduation day*

Ricky and EJ were in the bedroom, getting themselves because they needed to be at the ceremony in half an hour. But EJ was worried for Ricky about how this baby would pop out of him anytime. Possibly today.

"Are you sure you wanna do this? I mean, we don't have to if you don't want to," EJ asked.

"I know, Eej. I know how you worry about being on my feet during the pregnancy, but the baby won't be coming for at least another couple days. And besides, I've got you by my side like I always have been. This is our last moment at East High, and we're gonna witness it together," Ricky stated.