After a while I went down and looked for my mother and found her in the dining room, as I imagined, my mother was finishing preparing the table. She seemed to notice my presence, looked at me and frowned which did not go unnoticed by my brother who smiled slightly.

"Good morning, Y/n. Did you sleep well?" She asked without looking at me going back to setting the table not seeming too worried about the answer I would give. She's not very good at giving advice or comfort regarding me specifically.

"... Yes, I think." I whispered the last part and looked away. M/n sighed sitting down at the table and starting to eat with my brother, completely ignoring me.

I still remember how she treated me kindly and not coldly. After Dad had... Well, my mom stopped paying attention to me and only notices my brother. I still remember when things weren't like that.

"Ah, my angel. I wanted to prepare this little surprise for you since it's your 9th birthday!" My mother exclaimed smiling at me. "Happy birthday, Y/n!" This was B/n's turn to speak. I smiled and my brother hugged me affectionately. After that he nudged me "Tag you're it!" He screamed and ran. "Hey! That's cheating!" I said running after him, our father laughed at the scene with my mother.

"We were happy."

That was the last time I had fun with my family. My mother always makes excuses when I ask about Dad.

"He is travelling." "He went to visit a distant friend." "Ugh, girl. He just went to another town to work."

Always excuses. But I know the truth. But she doesn't know that.

My mom believes I'm too young to understand these things so even if I talk about it, my opinion will be invalid for her.

Last week classes ended, I'm on vacation for now. From what I remember, it's 2 months of freedom (that was a pun xd). This school looks good, right? But unfortunately not.

Many classmates in my class talk about me behind my back, even though I'm one of the best students in school. M/n also didn't care about that anymore. I didn't tell anyone anything because they are just mocking comments, it never came to a violent act.

I felt my eyes water as I remembered my mother smiling at me, her face conveyed an air of serenity and joy, but she always looked tired.

After breakfast. M/n and I went to the living room while my brother went upstairs to his room, I sat on the floor and soon my mother sat on the couch to watch TV. The best programs, from what she told me, are only those that run on Mondays. But since today is Wednesday, she just flips through the channels until she finds something interesting.

I took some paper and crayons and started drawing using the table in the center as a support. My mother was watching some channels and then stopped on one of journalism, but she didn't seem to be interested and sighed deeply.

"-kept disappearing without a trace for the last few weeks. Officers are continuing to search, but so far, nothing. The last place these people disappeared was Mega Piz-" Mom switched channels and sighed putting her hands over her face, I looked at her for a brief moment and then went back to drawing.

▪▪▪

"Pleeeease!"

"I told you already, Y/n. Don't make this any more complicated for me."

"But... But... I thought we'd go since there's going to be a new show by them at Pizzaplex, mom. It's not dangerous... a lot of kids go there!" I whimpered, I just wanted to visit Pizzaplex and see my favorite animatronic in the show, if the show doesn't get canceled like the last time I went to the Pizzaplex.