Mates

Mates

Jasper shook each hand in turn. He was delighted. He had told the boys the truth. As an only child, he really had always wanted siblings. It was gonna be cool having these two around. He introduced his friend and the group headed out into the side yard to spar.

Suddenly, the smell that had never really left him, grew stronger. He stopped sparring and stood still. He could hear a beautiful musical voice singing. A stunning girl came around the corner. His wolf yelled ‘Mate’!

Pandemonium broke loose as Anthony and Kaiden flew into the arms of the girl. She hugged them both and kissed Dad on the cheek. Jasper’s wolf growled ‘MINE’ possessively. He wanted to yank them away from her, especially his dad!

His dad turned to him and said "Jasper, this is your sister, Asia."

Declan said “What the heck bro! Your sister is a Fairy!?”

Declan turned into a jaguar and purred as he wound himself around Asia’s feet. The boys were yelling excitedly and clamouring to pet Declan. Dad was laughing and Asia was staring down at Declan. Jasper couldn’t take it.

“Enough!” he roared. Everyone stopped moving.

“You mean to tell me my mate is a Fairy AND my sister?!”

Asia looked him dead in the eyes. Her eyes were wide, her lips parted and her breath blew out rapidly in a whisper.