Memories

The Next Day

After feeling well rested, the four adventurers meet outside after eating some breakfast. "I can't believe Evelyn was killed a week before her wedding." Said Alex. "Neither can I." Said Amanda. "And the reason for her crying was so she can see her true love one more time." Said Max. "At least she never meant to keep us up. I feel bad for yelling at her though." Said Justin.

"Look on the bright side, she stopped crying after meeting us. If anyone's gonna help her see her love again, it's gonna be us, the adventurous foursome!" Amanda said. "Yeah!" Alex said as she punches her fist in the air. "We'll have to step outside at 10 PM tonight again, because that's when Evelyn said she appears at night." Max said. "And she'll show us what this Jacob guy looks like, because none of us have seen him before." Justin said.

10:00 PM

After putting on their pajamas, robes, and slippers, the four adventurers step outside to meet Evelyn. "Good, you're here. Now I can show you where Jacob is and what he looks like." She said.

"Evelyn, before we start, we'd like to know." Said Justin. "Yes?" Asked Evelyn. "Do you have any fondest memories of your time with Jacob when you were alive?" Asked Alex. "I'm glad you asked. I remember this one time when we had our first kiss." Evelyn said.

Three Years Ago

Jacob puts his arm Evelyn as the two sit by the water and watch the sunset. "What a romantic sight!" Said Evelyn. "I know, right? I hoped that one day I'd watch the sunset with a very beautiful girl. And I found her." Said Jacob. "You did?" Evelyn asked. "I did. She's sitting right here next to me." Jacob said.

Evelyn smiles as she notices Jacob leaning towards her. She knew right away that he was going in for a kiss, so the two close their eyes and lock lips.

Present Day

"I remember when I had my first kiss, only me and my significant other were dancing in a ballroom." Said Amanda. "That was adorable, just like your memory, Evelyn." Max said. "Is there anything else you can remember?" Justin asked. "I remember the day Jacob proposed to me." Said Evelyn.

Two Years Ago

While standing on a bridge, Jacob takes Evelyn by her hand. "Evelyn, from the moment I met you, I couldn't have imagined how much my life has changed. No other girl can make me feel the way you do, and there's no doubt in my mind that we have a future together." He said.

Evelyn's eyes fill with tears as she puts her hands over her mouth and nose while Jacob gets down on one knee and pulls out a tiny box. "Oh my god, Jacob!" Evelyn cried. "Evelyn Louise Richards, will you marry me?" Asked Jacob.

No words come out of Evelyn's mouth for a moment as she's too speechless to say anything. "Yes!!!" She said finally. Jacob takes the ring out of the box and slips it onto Evelyn's finger, then the two share the first kiss of their engagement.

Present Day

"That got me." Alex said as she wipes her eyes. "Jacob and I were ready to spend the rest of our lives together, until that drunk driver came and ruined everything." Said Evelyn. "You definitely didn't deserve the cruel fate you received." Said Amanda.

Evelyn sniffs. "The only way I can rest in peace is to find Jacob and tell him how much I love him. Otherwise, I'll be forced to walk the earth forever." She said. "Don't worry, Evelyn, we're gonna help you if it takes all night. You deserve sleep, and to find peace." Amanda said.