10 ● Shock the world baby

Start from the beginning

BFG 💂‍♀️: i call bullshit that there’s nothing going on with you two…

Stella 🌟: i second that 🙋‍♀️

Short kid 🧍: no further comments at this time 🤫

i feel a presence in front of me and see the minnesotan beauty. i look up to see her hold her hand out for me. i take it and stand up before getting my bag. we all arrive at the hotel and geno tells everyone who their roommate is. To no one’s surprise, me and paige are roomed together. As we both got into the room, i see one big bed in the middle of the room and i immediately panic.

“We can share right? It’s only for two nights, I’m sure we can manage”paige says and i nod. i lie down on one side of the bed and close my eyes at the coldness of the pillow. i feel the bed move and i peek open one eye to see paige lying next to me, looking at me.

“What are you looking at creeper?”

“Just you” paige tucks a stray piece of hair behind my ear before flicking between my eyes and lips. i begin to lean in and just as my lips are millimeters from each other when we both hear multiple bangs on our door.

“Oi lovebirds, we’re going out for a team dinner. Hurry up” i hear the lovely voice of Amari deberry beam through the door. i yell back that we are coming and paige mumbles something i can’t quite hear. After a spending the hour at dinner with us giving each other subtle glances and playing footises under the table, we go back to the room not saying a word and get ready for the next day. I wake up the next morning with a tight arm around my waist. I slowly unravel myself and go have a shower before breakfast. Paige wakes up as she hears the bathroom door close and she pouts slightly. She quickly gets herself changed and goes to the balcony, checking her messages. Just as she’s about to reply to azzi, paige feels my hands sneak around her waist.

“Hey stranger, what are you doing out here? It’s chilly”

“Just thinking” Paige replies with a half smile on her face.

“Alright, we’re ditching the girls and going out for breakfast together this morning and you can talk to me about whatever’s going on in that pretty little head of yours okay?” paige nods and i leave a lasting kiss on her forehead, making paige swoon on the inside. After a flirtatious breakfast, we quickly head back to the hotel to get ready for the game. As usual, we sit on the bus together and i hold paige’s hand close to me. i get to the building and paige stays by my side the entire time. i slip my earphones in and let the world of music take me away. As the team goes to look at the court, i stay behind and when paige gets no response to the question she asked me, thinking im next to her, she looked around her and noticed I wasn't there. She asked a few of the girls if they’ve seen me and nika tells paige that i had stayed back in the locker room. paige instantly runs back to the room and all the girls gossip about how hopeless we are. paige runs into the locker room, catching herself as she slides around the corner and sees me sitting in my cubby with my knees up to my chest. paige sits beside me and pulls me on her lap.

“What’s going on? You haven’t been yourself since breakfast”

“I’m just scared. What if I mess it up for everyone? Everyone will hate me” i just broke down in tears and at the same time paige’s heart was breaking a little bit more. She heard footsteps come around the corner and she quickly shooed them all away so we could still have alone time.

“You won’t mess it up and you know why? Because you’re you Liliana muhl. No one will hate you if we lose, it’s a team sport. We’re all in this together”

“Thanks paigey. How are you not freaking out right now?”

“Because I know I’ve got you up front with me” i sit up slightly and wipe my tears.