Jackson's POV

"I could never really love someone else but you.

I have never wanted anything else but a love so true.

But just like a dream that comes in the night; in the morning you were out of my sight

Turned away from me, sadly as I see - away from where I stand..."

oOo

Jackson's POV:

Live at the moment, that's what Jackson told his wife when she brought up their current predicament. Truth be told, he wanted to scream at her and tell her she was being selfish for choosing her calling over their marriage. Two weeks have already passed since their agreement and now, he's being forced to face the reality that she's leaving him. Yes, he understands where she's coming from, but that doesn't mean it hurts less. "Fuckity fuck!" he cursed as he buried his face into his palms.

"Cursing spree?"

Jackson turned his head to the side and saw Callie leaning on the doorframe, "Sneaking on people now, Torres?"

Folding her arms on top of her chest, Callie quirked a brow; "It's not considered sneaking if I already knocked twice" she replied.

He threw her a confused look, "You did?"

"I did, but you seem to be lost in your own little world" Callie replied. She then pulled away from her perch and started walking towards the vacant chair beside him, "You okay?" she asked as she sat down.

"Yeah," Jackson replied. "Why'd you ask?"

"Because you were supposed to be in the Conference Room 20 minutes ago," Callie replied.

He furrowed his brows, "For what?"

"Oh, sweet Jesus!" Callie exclaimed. She leaned forward and braced her elbows on top of her knees, "You arranged a Board Meeting yesterday, but I don't think you remember."

Jackson stared at Callie for a moment before he jumped out of his chair, "Shit!"

Callie stood up and slipped her hands inside her lab coat pockets, "Mer has been sitting inside that room staring blankly at McDreamy's chair. So I suggest you gather yourself and go there before shit starts to hit the fan, " she said before walking towards the door.

He grabbed his tab and coat before storming out of the room.

oOo

The meeting went by without further delays, he received a few disapproving looks from his friends, but it went better than he expected. Everyone has been very cooperative so they were able to come up with a decent solution to every quandary.

"Jackson?"

He lifted his eyes from his tab and was surprised to see Meredith sitting in the same spot, "You're still here?"

Meredith let out a sad smile, "I have nowhere to be," she replied.

"She's still on indefinite leave, you idiot!" he chastised himself. He lowered his tab on the table and cleared his throat, "Yeah, I know - sorry about that," he said.

She pulled Derek's chair closer and draped her arm on top of it, "When is April leaving?" she asked.

Leaning back in his chair, Jackson let out a defeated sigh. "Tomorrow,"

"And you're okay with that?"

"I don't think I have any choice about the matter," he said with a hint of bitterness.

Meredith furrowed her brows, "What do you mean?"

He rested his elbows on top of the table, "She already made up her mind even before she told me, and knowing April, there's nothing I could say or do, that will change that."