Pendant of Beginnings Part #1.2

The next day the four of us were listening to a professor of the Indigo Academy presenting a lesson. Ash had already dozed off for a bit while the rest of us were paying vivid attention to the speech.

Teacher: The bonds between people and Pokémon are unique, and with your Pokémon, you will discover your dreams.

The school's bell, a traditional Japanese one, goes off alongside Liko's Rotom Phone. We returned to our homeroom to receive our Pokédex apps and the teacher reminded us if we wished we could set our alarms. I've never been a fan of the Rotom alarms, so I never bothered to set them, but Liko is insistent that I set them.

But I don't anyway.

(Y/N): Hey, you're excited about getting your first Pokémon, right?

She looked at me and smiled.

Liko: *Shyly* Yes, I just hope I made a good impression.

I smiled and patted her shoulder causing her to blush, unnoticed by my laughter.

(Y/N): There's no one else on this planet. *Genuinely Believing Her Skills* that could leave a better impression than you!

She started blushing even harder and I couldn't help but smile back. Soon the instructor called up Anne. She races up to the podium and picks a Pokéball mostly at random. Upon releasing the Pokémon it is revealed it was an Oshawatt.

Oshawott is a bipedal sea otter-like Pokémon with a white head, triangular ears, dark eyes, and a horizontal oval nose. Its light blue fur forms bubble shapes around its neck, and it has a rounded, dark blue tail with three toes. It carries a pale yellow seashell on its belly.

The instructor calls Liko up next and while frantic at first she manages to get her bearings and trots up to the desk while I scan Oshawatt into my Pokédex for future battles

Pokédex: Oshawott, the Sea Otter Pokémon, a pure water type. The scalchop on Oshawott's stomach isn't just used for battle— it can be used to break open hard berries as well.

I turn back wondering what's taking Liko so long. As I do, she seems to be intently looking at the starter she chose. Taking a breath in she released her Pokémon as I went to choose my own.

The starter Pokémon is a quadrupedal feline Pokémon covered in pale green fur. The fur's composition is similar to that of plants. It has green ears with pale green insides, a tuft of fur on the front of its chest, and a green marking around its pink eyes and nose that resemble leaves. It has a fluffy tail and small paws with pink paw pads underneath and no visible toes.

 It has a fluffy tail and small paws with pink paw pads underneath and no visible toes