14. crumbled memories

Minji POV

I woke up today in my bed, in tears at the memory that is one of my best memories and one of my worst.

The memory I'd do anything to relive and the memory I'd do anything to change.

I had the previous nights clothes on and not to mention, a severe headache. Which I blame myself for drinking a lot after going against soobin... Do I regret it? No

I looked at my phone to see that surprisingly I was half an hour early than my usual timing, thanks to my alarm...

I see few texts from Soobin so I open to see them even though I'm 200% sure he is just going to yell at me...

Binie hyung✨

Seriously?! I told you not to drink too much!

Anyway, I told your brother that you went to one of your friend's house. Thank me.

I had to ask my brother to drop you!

You owe me.

Sent 1:43am

No way! Was I reading it correct?

Yeonjun dropped me at my house?!!!

I close my eyes, trying to recall the events of the previous night. I am sure I said something I shouldn't have. But a wave of uneasiness drowns me as I don't remember even me getting out of the club.

I totally regret drinking last night!

I take a look at my desk, where few of my poems were scattered around...

I guess I'll just find one that suits the situation more as I had no ideas or the brain to write out a new poem.

•x•Time Skip•x•

I had successfully reached Yeonjun's locker and was about to put in the note I thought was the most suitable. As he already knew about me being the person who sends him notes, I wrote "Your Moon" at the end instead of "Your Secret".

"Hey! What are you doing?" A voice calls from behind as I turn around to face Beomgyu, hiding the note behind me.

"Uhmm...nothing! How was yesterday's karaoke?" I asked trying to divert the conversation into another direction which I was successful at.

"Oh! I have to tell you something- wait! I'm not supposed to tell you this!" He remarks with excitement.

"I guess I should be knowing it then.."

"We'll...I can't say, but I'll give you a hint..."

"Okayyy tell me"

"I like someone, well at least I feel I do... I don't know" he says while closing his eyes. Cute.

"Oohhhh! I'm happy for you! Who's the lucky girl?"

"That's what I can't say.." he shyly replies while rubbing the back of his neck. Again, cute.

"What are you both doing here?" A familiar harsh, cold voice says.

Deja vu

"We're just talking, chill" gyu replied before going a bit away while I remain frozen.

"Why do you have that note in your hand, Minji?" He questions while looking at me. He really doesn't like me doing this, does he...

"I was just going to put it in-"

"Quit it! We both know, you have been stealing them, haven't you?"

"What?! How could I be stealing when-"

"I saw you steal MY note yesterday as well. I thought to give you a chance, but I don't see why now"

"Yeonjun, you are not getting this right!" I shouted, getting angrier at each passing second.

First he says he doesn't want the notes.

And now he's being so protective about them that he doesn't even realise they were from me!

Wait!- if he doesn't know they were from me then, then who was the one who texted?

"Really? I am the one who is wrong?"

"Yes! I swear, I'm not stealing! I'm the one who writes them for fucks sake!"

"Really minji? First you steal and now you lie? How much have you changed... I wonder who you resemble now, certainly not your mom like my mum used to say." he yelled back at me, ending with a sarcastic tone. The tears that I had held back, started pooling back, once again while I went numb.

"Yeonjun! Don't you think you crosse the limit?!" I heard Jungsu tell from behind me. When did he come...

That sentence made Yeonjun realise that he shouldn't have taken that as an example, though I don't think he knows...

I just crumpled the note in my hand and threw it at his face while walking away, in tears, all because of him.

I reached the top of the rooftop, the only place where students wouldn't come as they thought it wasn't allowed but I had never really cared about it.

I let the tears slowly slip as I remembered the memories with mom, with us being a family, my memories with him.

Though, he wouldn't have known about her being announced dead this year... That's why I ever came here... For her memorial...

Though, he wouldn't know that tomorrow was to be held as her funeral. More like a memorial as we never really found her...

He had passed the limit... Whether he knew about it or not...

I guess while people never change, some do.

And maybe we both were two of them.

ִֶָ 𓂃˖˳·˖ ִֶָ ⋆★⋆ ִֶָ˖·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ

~Yoo❤️